TDECU Stadium Parking Information
Directions to Houston Football parking
(Click on map or click here for a 2015 Houston Football Parking Map (PDF)
Gameday A-to-Z | Tickets | Tailgating | TDECU Stadium Information | RV Parking
Directions to Houston Football parking
Cougar Pride Priority Parking FAQs
If I am not a member of Cougar Pride, where can I park?
- Cash parking ($10 for cars & minivans, $20 for limos & cargo vans, $30 for RVs, Bus & Trailers) can be found on the east side of the University of Houston campus.
- Free shuttle service is provided from two areas of the University of Houston campus:
- As it did in 2014, the south shuttle will pick fans up on University Drive for the Welcome Center Parking Garage, East Garage and Lots 20A, 20C & 21B. Dropoff for the shuttle is on the southeast corner of TDECU Stadium on Cougar Woods Drive.
- New in 2015 is the north shuttle which will pick fans up Elgin St. and the east end of Lot 16B for fans in Lots 16B, 16D, 16E, 16G, 16H, 16I, 16J and 18A.
- Shuttle buses will run 3 hours prior to kickoff and for 1 hour after the game.
If I am handicapped, where can I park?
- Handicap parking is available on the first floor of the TDECU Stadium parking garage.
- Houston fans with a Cougar Pride parking pass and a valid handicap tag can park free of charge on the first floor of the TDECU Stadium parking garage.
- Houston fans without a Cougar Pride parking pass, but with a valid handicap tag can park on the first floor of the TDECU Stadium parking garage for $10.
How can I tell from the Houston Football Parking Map where I would qualify to park based on my annual donation to Cougar Pride?
- The map has two keys at the bottom. The key on the left shows you how a donation to Cougar Pride coordinates with a specific giving level and a particular giving level symbol.
- The key on the right shows the minimum giving level symbol that coordinates with specific parking lot colors on the map.
How is Cougar Pride Priority Parking Assigned?
- Each member of Cougar Pride at the Varsity Club ($100-$349) or above that is also a Houston Football season ticket member will be allocated ONE (1) complimentary parking pass per account based on the Cougar Pride Priority Point System and by the annual giving levels on the map.
- Your allocated parking pass is determined by the Cougar Pride Priority Point System; however, meeting the minimum donation does not guarantee your allocation for the designated parking lot. Parking passes will be allocated based on the availability in each lot. If a lot is full, the donor(s) with the lowest priority point total will be moved to the next available lot.
I see that two parking lots are designated for the Coaches Club ($2,500-$4,999). How do you assign who parks in each lot?
- All Football Season Ticket Members at the Coach's Club ($2,500-$4,999) giving level will have access to lot 12B as they did during the 2014 season. For the 2015 season, lot 15C will also be available for donors at the Coach's Club giving level. Each lot operates on a first-come, first-serve basis, you may choose either lot as long as space is available.
I see that seven parking lots are designated for the Varsity Club ($100-$349). How do you assign who parks in each lot?
- For the 2015 season, all donors at the Varsity Club giving level will have access to the Blue parking lots (18A, 16D, 16E, 16G, 16H, 16I, 16J). Each of these lots is filled on a firstcome, first-served basis.
Can I obtain more than one (1) parking pass and where will it be assigned?
- Additional parking passes are available for purchase in lots 12A (Red) and the Stadium Garage. Requirements to purchase an extra pass are as follows:
- To purchase an additional pass in the 12A (Red) lot, you must make an annual contribution to Cougar Pride at the Directors Circle ($5,000 - $7,499) level or above, and your complimentary parking pass must be allocated in 12A Red, 12B & 15C Yellow, the Stadium Garage, 16B Green and the outer lying Blue lots. You are eligible to purchase only ONE (1) additional pass in the 12A (Red) lot. The price of an additional 12A (Red) pass is $500; any further additional passes you wish to purchase are $140 per pass and will be allocated in the Stadium Garage based on availability and the Cougar Pride Priority Point System.
- To purchase an additional parking pass, please contact the Cougar Pride office at 713-743-4684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note, the number of season tickets per account does not factor into how many parking passes you are allocated.
How many additional parking passes can I obtain?
- Contact Cougar Pride at 713-743-4684 or email email@example.com for more information on purchasing additional parking passes.
I like to tailgate with my friends. Can I make sure we receive passes in the same parking lot?
- Contact Cougar Pride at 713-743-4684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on receiving passes in a different lot than assigned to your level. Parking pass locations will be based on the lowest priority point total in your group.
What is needed to bring an RV, bus, or a trailer to a home football game?
- For RV, bus, and trailer parking, please CLICK HERE.
I'm a Young Alumni (I've graduated within the last five (5) years). How do I request my parking pass, and where will it be?
- All of our Young Alumni (season ticket members that have graduated within the last five (5) years) are included in the Cougar Pride Young Alumni program and receive a 4x donation multiplier that contributes to their annual giving level and benefits. Please note that all graduates within the last five (5) years that purchased season tickets for football are included in the Young Alumni program, not only those that purchased specific seats in a Young Alumni sections (117, 234, 333, 334, 335). All complimentary parking passes for those included in the Young Alumni program will be allocated according to their giving level after the 4x multiplier has taken place. For example, a young alum that donated $200 to Cougar Pride would be viewed as an All-Conference Club member ($800 donation credit) and would be eligible to park in lot 16B (green).
What happens if I make my Cougar Pride donation after the 5 p.m. Aug. 8 deadline?
- You will receive the best parking still available based on your Cougar Pride donation level. If you donate after Aug. 8, your parking pass may not arrive with your football season tickets.
What happens if more Cougar Pride members give at the minimum contribution level for a priority parking lot than there are available parking passes for the season?
- Parking pass distribution will be based on priority points within your giving level. If a lot is full, the donor(s) with the lowest priority point total will be moved to the next available lot.
Who will park in the Stadium Parking Garage, and can you tailgate there?
- Based on your donation, fans at the All-American Club ($1,000-$2,499) level will have the opportunity to park in the Stadium Parking Garage. Tailgating is allowed in the parking garage, but you must follow more specific tailgating guidelines.
- Yes, you can tailgate in the Stadium Garage; however, you cannot block the driving lane for any reason.
- There is a zero tolerance rule on open flames, grills, and cooking devices in the Parking Garage. Violators will be subject to fines.
What if I lose/forget my parking pass?
- Cougar Pride does not operate the parking lots on game days. Please report the loss of your parking pass immediately to Cougar Pride at 713-743-GoUH (4684) or email email@example.com. You can obtain an equivalent replacement Priority Parking Pass for the equivalent value of an additional parking pass (Lots 16D, 16E, 16G, 16H, 16I, 16J - $140). If your request is submitted to Cougar Pride the day prior to the next home game, you can pick up your replacement parking pass at the Athletics Ticket Office will-call window (TDECU Stadium Gate 1) during open office hours.
Can I get a parking pass if I am not a season ticket member?
- No, obtaining a Cougar Pride Priority Parking pass is an exclusive benefit to Houston Football season ticket members who are also Cougar Pride members.
When will I receive my Cougar Pride Priority Parking Pass?
- Your Cougar Pride Priority Parking Pass(es) will be sent with your Houston Football Season Tickets.
When will parking lots open on gamedays?
- Campus parking lots will open four (4) hours prior to each game for tailgating. Time is subject to change based on day and time of game.
For more information and questions, please contact Cougar Pride at 713-743-GoUH (4684) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.