Gameday A-to-Z | Tickets | Parking | TDECU Stadium Information | RV Information | Shasta Square | Student Tailgating
Group Tailgate Rental Packages information can be found here.
UHAA Party on the Plaza
Join the UHAA for its Party on the Plaza before each home game on the east side of TDECU Stadium. Starting three hours before game time and ending 45 minutes prior to kickoff, the Party on the Plaza features live music, food and drinks in a festive atmosphere. For more information, please click here.
The following are the tailgating guidelines applicable to The University of Houston Football games played at TDECU Stadium. These guidelines are relevant to University-owned surface lots, parking decks and campus-owned green space designated for tailgating. The University of Houston tailgating policy is designed to ensure:
- The comfort and enjoyment of game day patrons.
- The safety, security and well-being of all people associated with game day activities.
- The safeguarding and preservation of all public property under the management of the University.
- All guests on campus are required to comply with applicable University policies and rules as well as Federal and State of Texas laws and regulations.
- Possession and consumption of alcohol on the property of The University of Houston, including its buildings, facilities, grounds and parking areas is subject to the laws and regulations of the State of Texas and Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC). Subject to applicable law and university policy, alcohol consumption is permitted in the parking lot and official tailgate areas. You must be at least 21 years of age to consume alcoholic beverages on University of Houston property. Attendees under the age of 21 consuming alcoholic beverages, those supplying alcohol to minors or those who engage in any action prohibited by university policy, state, and/or federal law related to alcohol consumption and distribution may be subject to disciplinary and/or criminal action in accordance with applicable university policy, state and/or federal law. In consideration of being allowed to engage in tailgating activities, you agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the University of Houston System ("System") and the University of Houston ("University") as well as the System's and the University's governing board, departments, officers, employees, faculty members and representatives and agents, from any and all loss, damage, injury or liability to yourself or others as a result of, arising out of, or in any way related to, your tailgating activities, including, but not limited to, your consumption and/or distribution of alcohol.
- Police entities will patrol these areas and enforce all applicable laws.
- Kegs, other common containers, drinking games and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol are prohibited.
- Overnight parking, with the exception of pre-approved recreational vehicles, is not permitted in any University parking lot designated as a football game day parking lot.
- Campus parking lots will open four (4) hours prior to each game for tailgating. Time is subject to change based on day and time of game.
- Tailgaters must be respectful of the rights of others in the area when listening to or playing music. The volume of your music should be at a reasonable level so as to allow others in the area full enjoyment of the tailgating and other event activities
- Tailgating activities will not be permitted on campus property once the football game begins. Guests will be required to either enter the stadium or vacate the tailgating area.
- Tailgating activities will be permitted for up to two (2) hours following the conclusion of each football game.
- Vehicle and related tailgating activities can occupy no more than one (1) parking space and must not interfere with traffic lanes and vehicular or pedestrian movement.
- Saving spaces for other vehicles is not permitted.
- Glass bottles or containers are prohibited in University lots.
- The unauthorized distribution or sale of merchandise, food or beverages is prohibited.
- The use of small grills (two feet in diameter or less) will only be permitted in the surface parking areas. Grills may use propane and charcoal and must be a minimum of two feet above the parking surface. Grills are prohibited in the parking decks.
- Charcoal must be completely extinguished with water prior to leaving the tailgate location. Discard all hot coals in the marked "Hot Coal" trash cans located throughout the parking lots and around the stadium. DO NOT DUMP HOT COALS ON THE GRASS, IN PARKING LOT OR IN STANDARD TRASH CANS.
- Tents larger than 10'x10' are not allowed in tailgating areas. The use and location of larger tents must be approved by the University prior to the day of game and may require special permits.
- Tents or other raised structures cannot be secured directly into the ground or pavement.
- All tents, fixtures and furniture must be dismantled and secured when not attended.
- Guests are required to bag and dispose of all trash and recyclable products.
- Portable restrooms will be available adjacent to tailgating areas on game day.
- University buildings and restrooms are available per each building's game day guidelines.
- Disregard of these policies could result in the loss of tailgating privileges, and you will be held responsible for any damage, injury or loss caused by your actions or inactions.
The University of Houston reserves the right to restrict tailgating at its discretion due to game time, weather conditions, etc.
Additional information regarding the University of Houston policies regarding alcohol on campus can be found at the following link: