Gameday A-to-Z | Tickets | Parking | TDECU Stadium Information | RV Information | Shasta Square | Student Tailgating
Group Tailgate Rental Packages information can be found here.
UHAA Party on the Plaza
Join the UHAA for its Party on the Plaza before each home game in front of the Athletics/Alumni Center. Starting three hours before game time (four hours before on 8.29.14) and ending 45 minutes prior to kickoff, the Party on the Plaza features live music, food and drinks in a festive atmosphere. For more information, please click here.
The following are the tailgating guidelines applicable to The University of Houston football games played at TDECU Stadium. These guidelines are relevant to University owned surface lots, parking decks and campus owned green space designated for tailgating. The University of Houston tailgating policy is designed to ensure:
- The comfort and enjoyment of game day patrons.
- The safety, security and well-being of all people associated with game day activities.
- The safeguarding and preservation of all public property under the management of the University.
- All guests on campus are required to comply with applicable University policies and rules as well as Federal and State of Texas laws and regulations.
- Possession and consumption of alcohol on the property of The University of Houston, including its buildings, facilities, grounds and parking areas is subject to the laws and regulations of the State of Texas and Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC), including those laws prohibiting "open containers" of alcohol in public places. Alcohol legally may be sold and consumed only within those University buildings, facilities, grounds and parking areas that have permanent or temporary alcohol permits issued by the TABC. The University lacks the lawful authority to grant permission for alcohol to be brought onto University property, or to be served or consumed within a campus tailgate area, except at those University premises that are permanently licensed to serve alcohol or those events for which a temporary alcohol permit is obtained from the TABC. Police entities will patrol these areas and enforce all applicable laws.
- Kegs, other common containers, drinking games and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol are prohibited.
- Overnight parking, with the exception of pre-approved recreational vehicles, is not permitted in any University parking lot designated as a football game day parking lot.
- Campus parking lots will open four (4) hours prior to each game for tailgating. Time is subject to change based on day and time of game.
- Tailgating activities will not be permitted on campus property once the football game begins. Guests will be required to either enter the stadium or vacate the tailgating area.
- Tailgating activities will be permitted for up to two (2) hours following the conclusion of each football game.
- Vehicle and related tailgating activities can occupy no more than one (1) parking space and must not interfere with traffic lanes and vehicular or pedestrian movement.
- Saving spaces for other vehicles is not permitted.
- Glass bottles or containers are prohibited in University lots.
- The unauthorized distribution or sale of merchandise, food or beverages is prohibited.
- The use of small grills (two feet in diameter or less) will only be permitted in the surface parking areas. Grills may use propane and charcoal and must be a minimum of two feet above the parking surface. Grills are prohibited in the parking decks. Charcoal must be completely extinguished with water prior to leaving the tailgate location.
- Tents larger than 10'x10' are not allowed in tailgating areas. The use and location of larger tents must be approved by the University prior to the day of game and may require special permits.
- Tents or other raised structures cannot be secured directly into the ground or pavement.
- All tents, fixtures and furniture must be dismantled and secured when not attended.
- Outside caterers are prohibited without prior application and approval from University of Houston Sports and Entertainment.
- Guests are required to bag and dispose of all trash and recyclable products.
- Portable rest rooms will be available adjacent to tailgating areas on game day.
- University buildings and restrooms are available per each building's game day guidelines.
- The University of Houston reserves the right to restrict tailgating at their discretion due to game time, weather conditions, etc.
Additional information regarding the University of Houston policies regarding alcohol on campus can be found at the following link: