Jan. 28, 2012
HOUSTON - The University of Houston track and field teams add four more event titles as they closed out the Houston Indoor Invitational and Multi's on Saturday inside Yeoman Fieldhouse.
DeMeeka Jones finished second overall in the women's 60m hurdles to unattached runner Jessica Ohanaja, Jones had the fastest collegiate time. She set a personal best of 8.32 in the race, placing her 10th nationally.
Rick Fenton also took second to an unattached athlete in the men's weight throw as he set a new personal best mark and new school indoor record with his throw of 17.99m/59-00.25.
Houston swept the top-three spots in the men's shot put as Jacob Shultz (17.40m), John Fortune (17.15m) and Darrel Hill (16.8m) took places one through three, respectively.
For the women, Emily Nnokwam took first in the women's weight throw with her toss of 17.18m/56-04.50, also a new personal best mark.
John Cantu notched his first victory of the season, as he took first in the men's 5,000m with his time of 16.11.
Houston will travel to New York, N.Y, for the New Balance Invitational on Feb. 3.
For all of the latest information on Houston track and field, please log on to www.UHCougars.com or, for up-to-the-minute updates, follow Houston track and field on Twitter at @UHCougarTF or www.twitter.com/UHCougarTF. You can also find the Cougars on Facebook.
2. DeMeeka Jones - 8.32*
5. Sade-Mariah Greenidge - 8.50*
7. Alicia Perkins - 8.51*
38. Olivia Amy - 26.99
14. Eryn Barroso - 2:22
16. Ciera Johnson - 5:22
20. Alexis Vick - 5:27
26. Yasiris Gonzalez - 5:41
23. Kathryn Ducommun - 10:18
29. Starla Garcia - 10:45
38. Taylor Beer - 11:17
1. Emily Nnokwam - 17.18m/56-04.50
10. Nicole Benton - 15.00m/49-02.50
4. Samantha Taylor - 14.01m/45-11.75
11. Khalysia Mayo - 1.64m/5-04.50
6. Key Richards - 5.56m/18-03.00
7. Dominique Brisco - 5.47m/17-11.50
4. Isaiah Sweeney - 6.76
9. Mark'quis Frazier - 6.89
13. James Lang - 7.00
17. James Lang - 23.00
23. Jalen Williams - 23.28
28. Eric Alexander - 23.54
31. Cornelius Mayes - 52.27
19. Cole Bessner - 4:37
21. Stephan Keller - 4:39
4. Yonas Tesfai - 8:34.40
14. Nate Pineda - 8:48.88
1. John Cantu - 16:11
5. Simon Stewart - 6.99m/22-11.25
11. John Horton - 6.70m/21-11.75
3. Michael Mahnke - 4.86m/15-11.25
4. Bryan Brown - 4.86m/15-11.25
2. Rick Fenton - 17.99m/59-00.25
1. Jacob Shultz - 17.40m/57-01.00
2. John Fortune - 17.15m/56-03.25
3. Darrel Hill - 16.88m/55-04.75