|#19 HOUSTON (4-2) vs. TEXAS SOUTHERN|
|LOCATION||Schroeder Park | Houston, Texas|
|GAMEDAY CENTRAL||GAMEDAY CENTRAL|
|SERIES HISTORY||Houston and Texas Southern will meet for the 29th time.|
|SERIES RECORD||Houston owns the all-time series record, 28-0.|
|GAME NOTES||Game Notes|
HOUSTON -- Houston Baseball returns to Schroeder Park Tuesday when it welcomes Texas Southern to campus for a 6:30 p.m. midweek matchup.
Houston sits at 4-2 on the year and is coming off a road series victory at No. 13 Cal State Fullerton last weekend where the Cougars fell in Game 1, 2-1 in 15 innings before rebounding with convincing wins in Game 2 (9-4) and Game 3 (10-5).
Season Tickets, single game tickets and the Flex 20 plan are all available for purchase. To purchase tickets, visit uhcougars.com/tickets or call 713-GO-COOGS.
- $2 TUESDAYS | $2 tickets every Tuesday home game
- SEASON LONG PROMOTIONS
- FRIDAY FRENZY | Every Friday night at Schroeder Park ($1 popcorn, $2 hot dogs, $3 sodas, $4 beer)
- SUNDAY KIDS DAY | Every Sunday at Schroeder Park, kids will be able to run the bases following the game and enjoy postgame autographs.
- Houston is 4-2 on the year with back-to-back series wins vs. Holy Cross and at Cal State Fullerton.
- Junior LHP Trey Cumbie was named to the American Weekly Honor Roll after striking out 10 and allowing no runs on just one hit in 6.2 innings at Cal State Fullerton.
- Cumbie paces the staff with a 1.50 ERA and has 22 strikeouts in 12.0 innings.
- Houston pitching has struck out 76 hitters in 60.1 innings (six games).
- Senior Cooper Coldiron has reached base in 15 straight games (dating back to 2017). He had a career-high three RBI in series finale win at Cal State Fullerton.
- Senior Connor Hollis and freshman Drew Minter lead the team with four doubles each.
- Sophomore Lael Lockhart leads the offense after six games with a .292 average and seven runs scored.
- Junior Joe Davis and sophomore Landon Etzel each belted a home run in the series finale win at CSF.
- With Davis' home run, he now has 23 in his career, moving him into a tie for 7th all-time.
- Junior LHP Aaron Fletcher leads the pitching staff in wins as he is 2-0 through his first two career starts.
- Junior RHP Ryan Randel earned his first win as a Houston Cougar at CSF.
- The pitching staff owns a 1.94 ERA and has held opponents to a .192 average.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Rey Fuentes III | Junior | INF/DH
- Had a career-high three hits and drove in two RBI in series finale win at Cal State Fullerton.
- Hitting .444 in four games (three starts) with fur hits and three RBI
- Started at second base in place of injured Connor Hollis in series finale at CSF.
Kyle Ott | Senior | RHP
- Owns a 0.00 ERA in three relief appearances
- Has a 1-0 record
- Struck out five in 3.2 innings pitched
TEXAS SOUTHERN HITS
- Texas Southern enters Tuesday's game with a record of 2-5.
- The Tigers dropped a series, 2-1, at Abilene Christian over the weekend.
- In its last midweek game, Texas Southern fell 15-3 to Houston Baptist.
- Houston and Texas Southern have met 28 previous times, dating back to 1987.
- The Cougars own the all-time series, 28-0.
- Houston is 27-0 in games played at home vs. the Tigers.
- The two teams met on March 22, 2017 at Schroeder Park. Houston won 16-3.
PROBABLE STARTING PITCHERS
LHP Tyler Bielamowicz will make his first career start.
2.1 IP, 2 APP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0.00 ERA, 2 BB, 4 K (2018)
Following Tuesday's midweek home game, the Cougars will remain in the city of Houston and participate in the Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic at Minute Maid Park.
Houston is scheduled to face Kentucky at 3:30 p.m. Friday, Mississippi State at 7 p.m. Saturday and Vanderbilt at 6 p.m. Sunday. For ticket information, visit https://www.mlb.com/astros/tickets/college-classic.
Stay up to date with all Houston Baseball news and highlights by following us on Twitter @UHCougarBB or on Facebook at /UHCougarBB. Fans can also follow head coach Todd Whitting @toddwhitting on Twitter.