|HOUSTON (5-5) vs. HOUSTON BAPTIST (4-8) and MCNEESE (2-9)|
|LOCATION||Schroeder Park | Houston, Texas|
|GAMEDAY CENTRAL||GAMEDAY CENTRAL|
|GAMETRACKER||Tuesday | Wednesday||
|SERIES HISTORY||UH vs. HBU: 21st meeting | UH vs. McNeese: 66th meeting|
|SERIES RECORD||UH leads HBU, 14-6 | UH leads McNeese, 51-14|
|GAME NOTES||Game Notes|
HOUSTON -- Houston Baseball will host five home games at Schroeder Park this week, beginning with a pair of midweek matchups at 6:30 p.m Tuesday and Wednesday between Houston Baptist and McNeese, respectively.
The Cougars, who are 5-5 on the year, will remain at home to welcome San Diego to Houston for a three-game series over the weekend.
Season Tickets, single game tickets and the Flex 20 plan are all available for purchase. To purchase tickets, visit uhcougars.com/tickets or call 713-GO-COOGS.
- $2 TUESDAYS | $2 tickets every Tuesday home game
- SEASON LONG PROMOTIONS
- FRIDAY FRENZY | Every Friday night at Schroeder Park ($1 popcorn, $2 hot dogs, $3 sodas, $4 beer)
- SUNDAY KIDS DAY | Every Sunday at Schroeder Park, kids will be able to run the bases following the game and enjoy postgame autographs.
- Houston is 5-5 on the year and is coming off a tough 0-3 weekend in the Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic which featured games vs. Kentucky, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt.
- The Houston offense is led by sophomore Lael Lockhart Jr., who is hitting .333 with 12 hits, eight runs and five RBI in nine games played.
- Sophomore Joe Davis (.295) and senior Connor Hollis (.294) follow in average, while sophomore Landon Etzel paces the team with two home runs.
- The Houston pitching staff has fanned 108 in 96.0 innings and is holding its opponents to a .217 average.
- Junior LHP Aaron Fletcher leads the staff with a 1.56 ERA and is 2-0 in three starts. He is coming off a career-long 6.1-inning outing with a career-tying six strikeouts vs. Mississippi State, which led to College Classic All-Tournament Team honors.
- Sophomore RHP Carter Henry leads the team with five relief appearances and owns a 2.38 ERA.
- Joe Davis has reached base in all 10 games this season, while Lael Lockhart Jr. has a hit in all nine games he has appeared in.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Landon Etzel | Sophomore | OF
- Leads Houston with two home runs.
- Is hitting .421 in nine games, three starts.
- Had three hits, which included a home run and double vs. Vanderbilt.
- Has a slugging percentage of .789.
Carter Henry | Sophomore | RHP
- Leads team with five relief appearances.
- Lowered ERA to 2.38 after tossing 4.2 innings, allowing just one run vs. Mississippi State.
- Has fanned 10 in 11.1 innings.
- Houston Baptist enters Tuesday's game with a 4-8 record.
- The Huskies are coming off a weekend series fall at Rice, 2-1.
- As a team, HBU is hitting .207 with five home runs and 45 RBI.
- Spencer Halloran leads the team with a .320 average, 16 hits and seven runs.
- HBU's pitching staff owns a 4.76 ERA and has 82 strikeouts in 104. Innings. Opponents are hitting .296 against the staff.
- RHP Brady Batten has started the last two midweek games for HBU and is 1-1 with a 4.15 ERA. He has fanned 13 in 13.0 innings.
- Reliever RHP Matt Heck paces the team with a 2-0 record in four appearances. He owns a 6.23 ERA.
- RHP Zach Carter leads the staff with a 1.89 ERA in three game starts.
SERIES HISTORY vs. HOUSTON BAPTIST
- Houston and Houston Baptist will meet for the 21st time in program history, dating back to 1966.
- The Cougars own the all-time series over the Huskies, 14-6.
- Houston is 8-3 all-time at home vs. HBU.
- Last Time: Feb. 21, 2017 | HBU 3, Houston 2
- McNeese is 2-9 on the year with a midweek win over Mississippi State and a weekend win over Texas State.
- The Cowboys were swept last weekend at home by UTSA and were swept to open the year vs. American foe Wichita State.
- McNeese is hitting .216 as a team with seven home runs and 7 RBI.
- Shane Selman paces the offense with a .353 average, which includes four home runs and a .794 slugging percentage.
- McNeese pitching owns a 5.81 ERA with 93 strikeouts in 96.0 innings. It is holding opponents to a .267 average.
- RHP Peyton McLemore owns a team-low 3.00 ERA in four relief appearances.
- RHP Tyler Wesley (7.27 ERA, 1-1) and LHP Adam Goree (11.57 ERA, 0-1) each have a midweek start this season.
SERIES HISTORY vs. MCNEESE
- Houston and McNeese will meet for the 66th time in program history, dating back to 1971 and the first of two meetings this season as the two teams will meet on March 13 in Lake Charles, La.
- The Cougars own the all-time series record at 51-14.
- Houston is 39-8 all-time at home vs. the Cowboys.
- Last Time: May 16, 2017 | Houston 5, McNeese 4
Following the two midweek games, Houston will host San Diego in a three-game series at Schroeder Park over the weekend. The series will begin at 6:30 p.m. Friday, continue at 6:30 p.m. Saturday and wrap at 1 p.m. Sunday.
Stay up to date with all Houston Baseball news and highlights by following us on Twitter @UHCougarBB or on Facebook at /UHCougarBB. Fans can also follow head coach Todd Whitting @toddwhitting on Twitter.