|HOUSTON (6-6) vs. SAN DIEGO (8-5)|
|LOCATION||Schroeder Park | Houston, Texas|
|GAMEDAY CENTRAL||GAMEDAY CENTRAL|
|WATCH LIVE||UHCougars.com/allaccess (FEE)|
|GAMETRACKER||Friday | Saturday | Sunday|
|SERIES HISTORY||Houston and San Diego have met seven previous times, dating back to 2004.|
|SERIES RECORD||San Diego owns the all-time series record, 6-1.|
|GAME NOTES||Game Notes|
HOUSTON -- Houston Baseball continues its homestand at Schroeder Park this weekend when it welcomes San Diego to town for a three-game series, beginning Friday at 6:30 p.m.
The series will continue at 6:30 p.m. Saturday and wrap at 1 p.m. Sunday.
Single game tickets and the Flex 20 plan are all still available for purchase. To purchase tickets, visit uhcougars.com/tickets or call 713-GO-COOGS.
- $2 TUESDAYS | $2 tickets every Tuesday home game
- SEASON LONG PROMOTIONS
- FRIDAY FRENZY | Every Friday night at Schroeder Park ($1 popcorn, $2 hot dogs, $3 sodas, $4 beer)
- SUNDAY KIDS DAY | Every Sunday at Schroeder Park, kids will be able to run the bases following the game and enjoy postgame autographs.
- Houston is 6-6 on the year and is coming off a 1-1 midweek, highlighted by a convincing 13-9 win over McNeese at Schroeder Park Wednesday.
- The Houston offense is led by sophomore Lael Lockhart Jr., who is hitting .333 with 15 hits, nine runs and eight RBI.
- Junior Joe Davis (.308) and senior Connor Hollis (.293) follow in average, while sophomore Landon Etzel has been the hottest bat of late, hitting .407 in five game starts. Davis and Etzel lead the team with two home runs.
- The Houston pitching staff has fanned 121 in 114.0 innings and is holding its opponents to a .225 average.
- Junior LHP Aaron Fletcher leads the staff with a 1.56 ERA and is 2-0 in three starts. He is coming off a career-long 6.1-inning outing with a career-tying six strikeouts vs. Mississippi State, which led to College Classic All-Tournament Team honors.
- Junior Trey Cumbie paces the pitching staff with 27 strikeouts in 15.1 innings.
- Sophomore Carter Henry owns a 2.31 ERA and has a team-high six relief appearances.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Landon Etzel | Sophomore | OF
- Tied for team-lead with two home runs.
- Is hitting .407 in 11 games, five starts.
- Had three hits and two RBI in 13-9 win over McNeese on Wednesday.
- Has a slugging percentage of .704.
Aaron Fletcher | Junior | LHP
- Leads pitching staff with a 1.54 ERA.
- Owns the Houston all-time ERA record with a 1.83 career ERA.
- Paces team with two wins in three starts and has fanned 17 in 17.1 innings.
- San Diego is a member of the West Coast Conference and enters the weekend series at Houston with an 8-5 record.
- The Toreros are coming off a four-game home series in which they dropped to Indiana, 3-1.
- San Diego will play just its second road game of 2018 on Friday.
- As a team, the Toreros are hitting .295 with six home runs, 67 runs and 58 RBI.
- Leading the way offensively is Tora Otsuka with a .396 average with 21 hits and eight runs. Jay Schuyler paces the team with 12 RBI and three home runs.
- The pitching staff owns a 4.54 ERA and has struck out 130 hitters in 119.0 innings.
- RHP Paul Richan leads the starters with a 2.79 ERA and is 1-2 in three starts. He has fanned 26 in 19.1 innings.
- RHP Justin Friedman paces the staff with seven relief appearances and is 1-1 with a 6.00 ERA.
SERIES HISTORY vs. SAN DIEGO
- Houston and San Diego have met eight previous times in history, dating back to 2004.
- The Toreros own the all-time series, 6-1, over the Cougars.
- Houston and San Diego met for the first time on March 13, 2004 for the first game inside PETCO Park, which featured a program-record crowd of 40,106.
- The two teams went on to play a three-game series at Cougar Field in 2006 and a series in San Diego in 2007.
- Houston is 1-2 all-time at home vs. the Toreros.
- Last Time | March 18, 2007 -- at San Diego 8, Houston 3
PROBABLE WEEKEND ROTATION
Houston: LHP Trey Cumbie (4.11 ERA, 0-1)
San Diego: RHP Paul Richan (2.79 ERA, 1-2)
Houston: LHP Aaron Fletcher (1.56 ERA, 2-0)
San Diego: LHP Chris Murphy (6.60 ERA, 1-0)
Houston: RHP Ryan Randel (6.92 ERA, 1-1)
San Diego: LHP Nick Sprengel (4.00 ERA, 0-0)
Following the weekend series vs. San Diego, the Cougars will travel to Lake Charles, La. on Tuesday, March 13 for a 6 p.m. first pitch vs. McNeese. Houston will then host New Mexico and Columbia at Schroeder Park next weekend (March 16-18).
Stay up to date with all Houston Baseball news and highlights by following us on Twitter @UHCougarBB or on Facebook at /UHCougarBB. Fans can also follow head coach Todd Whitting @toddwhitting on Twitter.