|HOUSTON (8-7) at MCNEESE (4-11)|
|LOCATION||Joe Miller Ballpark | Lake Charles, La.|
|GAMEDAY CENTRAL||GAMEDAY CENTRAL|
|WATCH LIVE||Watch: McNeeseSports.com|
|SERIES HISTORY||Houston vs. McNeese: 67th meeting|
|SERIES RECORD||Houston leads McNeese, 52-14|
|GAME NOTES||Game Notes|
HOUSTON -- Houston Baseball will make a quick trip to Lake Charles, La. Tuesday to take on McNeese in a midweek matchup, set to begin at 6 p.m.
The two teams met a week ago at Schroeder Park with the Cougars earning a 13-9 win over the Cowboys.
- Houston is 8-7 on the season and is coming off a series win over San Diego at Schroeder Park.
- The Cougars went 3-2 last week with a midweek win over McNeese on March 7 (13-9).
- Landon Etzel leads the offense with a .368 average, while Joe Davis is hitting .308. Both Etzel and Davis pace the team with two home runs.
- Cooper Coldiron leads the team with 13 RBI, while Connor Hollis has scored a team-best 12 runs.
- Jared Triolo is hitting .271 and has reached base in 14 straight games.
- The pitching staff owns a 3.44 ERA and has fanned 141 in 144 innings.
- Weekend starter Aaron Fletcher leads the staff with a 1.16 ERA and is 3-0 with 19 strikeouts in 23.1 innings through four starts.
- Sophomore reliever Carter Henry has made a team-high seven appearances and owns a 1.65 ERA and is 1-0. He has held opponents to a .189 average.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Landon Etzel | Sophomore | OF
- Hit .316 in five games last week to lead Houston at the plate
- Tied for team-lead with two home runs
- Named to American Weekly Honor Roll last week
- Hit game-tying, two-run single in seventh inning of walk off win vs. San Diego (3/9)
Carter Henry | Sophomore | RHP
- Owns a 1.65 ERA as a reliever in seven appearances.
- Tossed a career-long relief outing of 4.2 innings in walk off win vs. San Diego to improve to 1-0 this season.
- Hasn't allowed an earned run in last two appearances and since March 3.
- McNeese will meet Houston Tuesday with a 4-11 record.
- The Cowboys opened Southland Conference play last weekend with McNeese earning a series win, 2-1, at home vs. Central Arkansas.
- Shane Selman leads the offense with a .294 average, 11 RBI and five home runs.
- The pitching staff owns a 5.82 ERA and has struck out 129 and walked 71 in 133.0 innings.
- Zach Rider owns a 0.00 ERA in seven relief appearances and through 8.2 innings, he has fanned 12.
- Tyler Wesley started vs. the Cougars a week ago. He is 1-1 with a 4.50 ERA.
SERIES HISTORY vs. MCNEESE
- Houston and McNeese will meet for the 67th time in program history, dating back to 1971 and the second of two meetings this season as the two teams met on March 7 with the Cougars earning a 13-9 win.
- The Cougars own the all-time series record at 52-14.
- Houston is 10-6 all-time in Lake Charles, La.
- Last Time: March 7, 2018 | Houston 13, McNeese 9
Following Houston's midweek game at McNeese Tuesday, the Cougars will return to Schroeder Park to begin another long home stand, which will feature eight straight at home. This weekend will feature a mini-round robin with games vs. New Mexico and Columbia.
2 pm: New Mexico vs. Columbia
6:30 pm: Houston vs. New Mexico
2 pm: New Mexico vs. Columbia
6:30 pm: Houston vs. Columbia
1 pm: Houston vs. Columbia
Stay up to date with all Houston Baseball news and highlights by following us on Twitter @UHCougarBB or on Facebook at /UHCougarBB. Fans can also follow head coach Todd Whitting @toddwhitting on Twitter.