|#24 HOUSTON (10-5) vs. ALABAMA STATE (7-11)|
|LOCATION||Schroeder Park | Houston, Texas|
|GAMEDAY CENTRAL||GAMEDAY CENTRAL|
|GAMETRACKER||Friday | Saturday | Sunday|
|SERIES HISTORY||Houston and Alabama State meet for the first time in program history.|
|SERIES RECORD||No previous meetings.|
|GAME NOTES||Game Notes|
HOUSTON -- Houston Baseball will look to continue its winning ways this weekend when it welcomes Alabama State to town for a three-game series at Schroeder Park, beginning Friday at 6:30 p.m.
The series will continue on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. and wrap at Noon on Sunday.
To purchase tickets, visit uhcougars.com/ticketsor call 713-GO-COOGS. Gates open two hours prior to first pitch.
- FRIDAY FRENZY | Every Friday night at Darryl & Lori Schroeder Park ($1 popcorn, $2 hot dogs, $3 sodas, $4 beer)
- GIVEAWAY | St. Patrick's Day Koozies (First 250 Fans)
- GIVEAWAY | Houston Baseball Pennants (First 250 Fans)
- SUNDAY KIDS DAY | Every Sunday at Darryl & Lori Schroeder Park, kids will be able to run the bases following the game and enjoy postgame autographs
QUICK HITS ON HOUSTON
- Houston enters the weekend with a 10-5 overall record and is hitting .273 as a team.
- Houston is led offensively by Jake Scheiner's .375 average, 21 hits, 17 RBI and four home runs.
- Cougars are 17-of-23 on the base paths, led by Connor Wong with seven stolen bases.
- Houston's pitching owns a 2.11 ERA with 129 strikeouts to just 31 walks in 132.0 innings.
- Junior ace Seth Romero has fanned 45 hitters in 26.0 innings and has tallied at least 10 strikeouts in all four starts this season.
- Senior John King, last week's American Pitcher of the Week, is 2-0 with a miniscule 0.72 ERA in three starts. He is coming off his second straight complete game and first complete game shutout, which happened at No. 10 Baylor last Sunday.
- Darryl & Lori Schroeder Park is home to 29 home games this season and the Cougars are currently 7-2 in games played in this ballpark.
- Head coach Todd Whitting begins his seventh season. He owns a Houston record of 218-155-1 and has led the Cougars to two NCAA Regional appearances, a conference tournament title (2014) and a conference regular-season title (2015).
HOUSTON'S LAST AT-BAT
- Houston snapped McNeese's eight-game win streak with a 6-5 midweek win on Tuesday.
- The Cougars were led by Jake Scheiner, who belted two home runs and drove in five RBI in the win.
- Trey Cumbie earned his second win of the season, tossing 6.1 innings with four strikeouts, while Aaron Fletcher picked up his third save with two strikeouts in the ninth.
QUICK HITS ON ALABAMA STATE
- Alabama State is coming off an NCAA Tournament appearance in 2016 where it finished the season 38-17 overall and 24-0 in the SWAC.
- Alabama State enters the weekend series with a 7-11 overall record and has dropped the last three games, including two games vs. Army this week.
- The Hornets are hitting .251 as a team with 26 doubles, seven home runs and 86 RBI, led by Cage Cox's .327 clip with 17 hits, 11 runs and 11 RBI.
- The pitching staff owns a 5.04 ERA with two saves, 128 strikeouts and 64 walks in 159.0 innings.
- Alabama State will throw RHP Tyler Howe on Friday (4.12 ERA, 2-2, 16 K, 14 BB, 24.0 IP), RHP Burke Eschelmeier will go Saturday (5.64 ERA, 2-2, 18 K, 9 BB, 22.1 IP) and RHP Terrell McCall will throw Sunday (5.31 ERA, 1-2, 17 K, 12 BB, 20.1 IP).
SERIES HISTORY VS. ALABAMA STATE
- Houston and Alabama State will meet for the first time in program history.
HOUSTON PLAYER TO WATCH
Jake Scheiner | Junior | SS/2B
- Hit two home runs and drove in five RBI in Tuesday's win over McNeese.
- Leads the team with 21 hits, 17 RBI and four home runs.
Following the weekend series with Alabama State, the Cougars will travel to Louisiana-Lafayette on Tuesday for a midweek matchup at 6 p.m. in Lafayette, La. Houston will then return home to host Texas Southern on Wednesday, March 22 at 6:30 p.m. before traveling to UC Irvine for a three-game series next weekend (March 24-26) in Irvine, Calif.
Fans can follow along via live audio, live video or GT at UHCougars.com/gameday.
SINGLE GAME TICKETS
Single game tickets are on sale at uhcougars.com/tickets. Fans can enjoy a few single game tickets options for the 29 homes games at Darryl & Lori Schroeder Park during the 2017 season.
SUNDAY FAMILY PACK
A Family Pack for Four for just $30 to any Sunday game at Darryl & Lori Schroeder Park in 2017 in also available.
The Family Pack features four general admission tickets, four hot dogs, four sodas and four popcorns to any Sunday home game for $30.
In order to purchase this deal, the purchaser must CLICK HERE use the promo code: FAMILYPACK.
Stay up to date with all Houston Baseball news and highlights by following us on Twitter @UHCougarBB or on Facebook at /HoustonCougarBaseball. Fans can also follow head coach Todd Whitting @toddwhitting on Twitter.