|HOUSTON (13-5) at LOUISIANA (11-6) vs. TEXAS SOUTHERN (6-13)|
|LOCATION||Tuesday at Lafayette, La. | Wednesday at Schroeder Park|
|GAMEDAY CENTRAL||GAMEDAY CENTRAL|
|WATCH LIVE||RaginCajuns.com (Tue) | UHCougars.com (Wed)|
|GAMETRACKER||Tuesday | Wednesday|
|SERIES HISTORY||UH vs. UL | 54th meeting // UH vs. TSU | 28th meeting|
|SERIES RECORD||UH leads UL, 38-14-1 // UH leads TSU, 27-0|
|GAME NOTES||Game Notes|
HOUSTON -- Winners of five straight, Houston Baseball will be tested when it travels to Lafayette, La. to take on nationally-ranked Louisiana at 6 p.m. Tuesday before returning home to Schroeder Park to host Texas Southern at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The Cougars enter the busy week with an overall record of 13-5 and have won the last five games, including a sweep of Alabama State at home last weekend.
TICKET INFORMATION FOR WEDNESDAY
To purchase tickets, visit uhcougars.com/ticketsor call 713-GO-COOGS. Gates open two hours prior to first pitch.
QUICK HITS ON HOUSTON
- Houston enters the week with a 13-5 overall record and a 290 batting average.
- Houston is led offensively by National Player of the Week Jake Scheiner's .456 clip, 31 hits, eight home runs and 27 RBI.
- The Cougars are 25-of-32 on the base paths, led by Connor Wong's 10 stolen bases.
- Houston's pitching owns a 2.21 ERA with 155 strikeouts to just 34 walks in 159.0 innings.
- Junior ace Seth Romero has fanned 57 hitters in 32.0 innings and has tallied at least 10 strikeouts in all five starts this season.
- Sophomore Trey Cumbie paces the staff with a 1.33 ERA and is 2-0 in four midweek starts, while senior John King follows with a 3-0 record and a 2.10 ERA with two complete games.
- Darryl & Lori Schroeder Park is home to 29 home games this season and the Cougars are currently 10-2 in games played in this ballpark.
- Head coach Todd Whitting begins his seventh season. He owns a Houston record of 221-155-1 and has led the Cougars to two NCAA Regional appearances, a conference tournament title (2014) and a conference regular-season title (2015).
HOUSTON'S LAST AT-BAT
- Houston is coming off a perfect 4-0 week that saw a midweek win over McNeese and a series sweep of Alabama State.
- The Cougars were led at the plate by National Player of the Week Jake Scheiner's .813 average, going 13-for-16 with six home runs, eight runs and 15 RBI.
- In the four games, Houston hit .343 as a team with eight home runs and 35 RBI with Joe Davis following Scheiner at the plate with a .412 average, seven hits and five RBI.
- The pitching staff struck out 32 in four games and walked just five in 36.0 innings.
QUICK HITS ON LOUISIANA
- Louisiana enters the week with an 11-6 overall record and is coming off a weekend series win over Appalachian State to open Sun Belt Conference play.
- The Ragin' Cajuns are among the nation's Top 25 and are 7-2 at home this season.
- Louisiana is hitting .269 as a team with seven home runs and 68 RBI through 17 games.
- Alex Pinero leads the offense with a .375 clip, 24 hits, 12 runs and 12 RBI.
- The pitching staff owns a 2.93 ERA with seven saves and has racked up 192 strikeouts to 57 walks in 159.2 innings this season.
- Houston will face RHP Jack Burk on Tuesday, who is 0-2 with a 3.46 ERA in two starts and six appearances. He has fanned 14 in 13.0 innings, while walking two. Opponents are hitting .208 against the righty.
SERIES HISTORY VS. LOUISIANA
- Houston and Louisiana have met 53 previous times.
- The Cougars own the all-time series at 38-14-1 and the series dates back to 1948.
- Houston is 17-6 all-time in Lafayette, La.
- Last Meeting at Houston | May 11, 2016 | Houston won 3-2
- Last Meeting at Louisiana | April 7, 2015 | Louisiana won 6-5
QUICK HITS ON TEXAS SOUTHERN
- Texas Southern will meet Houston on Wednesday with a 6-13 record.
- The Tigers are coming off a SWAC weekend series win over Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
- TSU is hitting .245 with 10 home runs and 72 RBI, led by Gerrek Jimenez's .333 average and 18 hits.
- The pitching staff owns a 7.38 ERA with one save and 129 strikeouts to 101 walks through 157.1 innings.
- Seth Oliver is 3-1 with a 4.50 ERA in five starts with two complete games. He has struck out a team-leading 35 hitters in 34.0 innings.
SERIES HISTORY VS. TEXAS SOUTHERN
- Houston will meet Texas Southern for the 28th time in program history.
- The Cougars own the all-time series at 27-0, which dates back to 1987.
- Last Meeting vs. TSU | March 16, 2016 | Houston won 7-1
Following Tuesday and Wednesday's midweek games, the Cougars will travel to Irvine, Calif. to take on UC Irvine in a three-game, non-conference weekend series.
Fans can follow along via live audio, live video or GT at UHCougars.com/gameday.
SINGLE GAME TICKETS
Single game tickets are on sale at uhcougars.com/tickets. Fans can enjoy a few single game tickets options for the 29 homes games at Darryl & Lori Schroeder Park during the 2017 season.
SUNDAY FAMILY PACK
A Family Pack for Four for just $30 to any Sunday game at Darryl & Lori Schroeder Park in 2017 in also available.
The Family Pack features four general admission tickets, four hot dogs, four sodas and four popcorns to any Sunday home game for $30.
In order to purchase this deal, the purchaser must CLICK HERE use the promo code: FAMILYPACK.
Stay up to date with all Houston Baseball news and highlights by following us on Twitter @UHCougarBB or on Facebook at /HoustonCougarBaseball. Fans can also follow head coach Todd Whitting @toddwhitting on Twitter.