ª GAMEDAY CENTRAL
ª GAME NOTES
East Carolina: RHP David Lucroy (3-1, 2.05 ERA)
Games are set for Friday and Saturday at 6:30 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m.
Houston, who polls in at No. 28 nationally, is riding a seven-game win streak into the weekend and holds an overall record of 18-4 along with a 12-2 mark at home this season. The Cougars continue to hold the best 22-game start since the 1993 season when Houston also went 18-4.
· First 500 fans into Cougar Field will receive at Houston Baseball t-shirt!
· Athletic Trainer Night at Cougar Field: Head Athletic Trainer, Mike O'Shea to throw out the ceremonial First Pitch.
· PLUS - Friday Frenzy! $1 hot dogs, $2 soft drinks, $3 Beers (every Friday night at Cougar Field) brought to you by the H Association.
SATURDAY BINGO AT THE BALLPARK
· Come out to Cougar Field every Saturday for Bingo at the Ballpark.
· Fans will be given a Houston Cougar Bingo card that they can fill out as they watch the game.
· Support the Coogs, play Bingo and win exciting Houston Cougar prizes!
SUNDAY KIDS DAY
· Every Sunday is Kids Day at Cougar Field.
· Bring the family and enjoy an afternoon of baseball with the Houston Cougars.
· Kids will have the opportunity to participate in National Anthem Buddies, Kids Run the Bases, as well as a special post-game autograph session with the team.
QUICK HITS ON HOUSTON
· Houston is hitting .293 with 215 hits and 130 RBI.
· Sophomore Michael Pyeatt (.390), freshmen Josh Vidales (.326), Kyle Kirk (.325), Justin Montemayor (.322), junior Caleb Barker (.310), freshman Ashford Fulmer (.304) and freshman Jacob Campbell (.300) are all hitting over .300.
· Barker paces the team in RBI with 24 and homeruns with three, while Montemayor leads in hits (29) and runs scored (21).
· Junior Frankie Ratcliff has notched 20 walks for a C-USA best, while Vidales follows with 18.
· As a team, Houston has drawn 106 walks and 17 hit-by-pitches for a .388 on-base percentage.
· Freshman Kyle Survances leads the team with an 8-8 stolen base effort with the Cougars swiping 34-of-41 this season.
· The pitching staff holds a 3.18 ERA with five saves and 18 wins.
· Freshman RHP Jake Lemoine holds the team's lowest ERA at 1.19, while also tallying a 4-0 record.
· Senior RHP Austin Pruitt is 4-1 with a 2.15 and a team-leading 33 strikeouts in 37.2 innings pitched - while also holding his opponents to a .185 average.
· Junior RHP Daniel Poncedeleon is 2-2 with a 3.58 ERA with 26 strikeouts in 27.2 innings tossed.
· Junior RHP Chase Wellbrock leads the team in saves with two, while junior Tyler Ford is 2-0 with one save and a 2.70 ERA in a team-high seven game appearances.
· Houston's pitching staff has allowed just 48 free passes, while fanning 150.
QUICK HITS ON EAST CAROLINA
· East Carolina enters the weekend with an 11-10 mark and a 2-3 record away from home.
· The Pirates have tallied 201 hits and 106 RBI, led by Jack Reinheimer's .338 clip and 27 hits.
· Chase McDonald has driven in a team-best 14 RBI, while Bryan Bass has scored 14 times.
· East Carolina has drawn 78 walks, while striking out 104 times.
· The Pirates' pitching staff holds a 5.15 ERA with six saves.
· RHP Jeff Hoffman holds a 3.51 ERA and a 2-2 record with 27 strikeouts in 33.1 innings pitched.
· RHP Ryan Williams is 4-0 with a 4.15 ERA, tallying 17 strikeouts in 34.2 innings.
· RHP David Lucroy holds the team's lowest ERA as a starter at 2.05 and is 3-1 with 31 strikeouts in 26.1 innings.
· RHP Drew Reynolds has recorded all six saves for the Pirates in nine appearances with a 0.84 ERA.
· The pitching staff has walked 95 hitters, while fanning 140.
· Houston and East Carolina will meet for the 41st time on Friday.
· The Pirates own the all-time series at 22-17-1.
· Last year's series was played in Greenville, N.C. where the Pirates went 2-0-1 against the Cougars. Houston and East Carolina tied in the most recent meeting, a 4-4 stalemate, back on April 7, 2012.
· Houston will welcome East Carolina for the 14th time, as the Pirates are 9-4 at Cougar Field all-time.
Houston: RHP Daniel Poncedeleon (2-2, 3.58 ERA)
East Carolina: RHP Jeff Hoffman (2-2, 3.51 ERA)
Houston: RHP Austin Pruitt (4-1, 2.15 ERA)
East Carolina: RHP Ryan Williams (4-0, 4.15 ERA)
East Carolina: RHP David Lucroy (3-1, 2.05 ERA)
Single-game tickets begin as low as $6 for youth and $8 for adults in general admission seating (Level 200) and as low as $8 for youth and $10 for adults in reserved seating (Level 100).
For single-game ticket information, click HERE or contact the Athletics Ticket Office at 713-GO-COOGS (462-6647).
Stay up to date with all Houston Baseball news and highlights by following us on Twitter @UHCougarBB or on Facebook at /HoustonCougarBaseball. Fans can also follow head coach Todd Whitting @toddwhitting on Twitter.
Following the weekend action, Houston will take just its second road trip this month when it travels to Lamar for a 6:30 p.m. contest on Tuesday, March 26.
Shop Now at the Official