ª GAMEDAY CENTRAL
Houston: RHP Austin Pruitt (6-2, 2.29 ERA)
Seton Hall: RHP Jose Lopez (0-2, 3.00 ERA)
The Cougars return home to begin an eight-game homestand after spending the last seven of eight on the road. Houston holds a 24-9 overall record and a 15-3 mark at Cougar Field. Entering its third week being ranked among the nation's Top 25, Houston polled in at No. 24 in this week's Baseball America national poll.
With the Houston Football Spring Game beginning at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carl Lewis Field, fans wishing to attend both events can re-enter Cougar Field with their ticket stub in hand.
General admission tickets are just $5 for Friday's baseball game. To purchase tickets for the weekend series, CLICK HERE, or call the Houston Athletics Ticket Office at 713-GO-COOGS.
Free parking for the events opens at 4 p.m. and will be located in UH lots 16B, 16C, 16D, 16E, 18A and 18B with tailgating allowed in lot 16D.
FRIDAY STUDENT APPRECIATION & GREEK NIGHT / FRIDAY FRENZY
· Friday night will serve as Student Appreciation & Greek Night at Cougar Field.
· The first 200 fans will receive red Houston Cougar sunglasses.
· Friday Frenzy - presented by the H Association features $1 hot dogs, $2 sodas, $3 beers.
SATURDAY BINGO at the BALLPARK
· Come out to Cougar Field every Saturday for Bingo at the Ballpark.
· Fans will be given a Houston Cougar Bingo card that they can fill out as they watch the game.
· Support the Coogs, play Bingo and win exciting Houston Cougar prizes.
SUNDAY KIDS DAY
· Every Sunday is Kids Day at Cougar Field.
· Bring the family and enjoy an afternoon of baseball with the Houston Cougars.
· Kids will have the opportunity to participate in National Anthem Buddies, Kids Run the Bases, as well as a special post-game autograph session with the team.
QUICK HITS ON HOUSTON
· The Cougars rank first in C-USA with a .278 average, led by three players hitting above the .300 clip.
· Freshmen Justin Montemayor (.323), Kyle Kirk (.309) and sophomore Michael Pyeatt (.306) pace the team.
· Juniors Caleb Barker (28) and Frankie Ratcliff (26) each lead the way in RBIs with 28 and 26, respectively.
· Houston has 150 walks as a team, led by Ratcliff (29) and freshman Josh Vidales (26) with a combined 55.
· The Cougars have stolen 45 bases in 54 tries, led by freshman Kyle Survance's 11-for-11 effort.
· The freshman class has stolen 31-of-33 bases this season. Behind Survance is Vidales with 8-of-10.
· Barker was recently named to the Johnny Bench Award Watch List.
· The pitching staff holds an ERA of 3.36. The four starting pitchers hold a combined ERA of 2.69.
· Leading the way in ERA is freshman Jake Lemoine with a 1.69, while senior Austin Pruitt (2.29), sophomore Aaron Garza (3.23) and junior Daniel Poncedeleon (3.56) each hold a sub-4.00 ERA as Cougar starters.
· Pruitt paces the staff in innings pitched (59.0), strikeouts (54), wins (6-2), shutouts (1/1) and complete games (2).
· Out of the pen, junior Chase Wellbrock leads the team with five saves in a team-leading 12 appearances with a 2.96 ERA.
· Junior Tyler Ford holds a 2-1 record with one save and a 3.86 ERA and 12 appearances as well.
· The staff has fanned 219 opposing hitters, while walking just 86 in 287.0 innings.
QUICK HITS ON SETON HALL
· Seton Hall is a member of the BIG EAST Conference under the direction of head coach Rob Sheppard.
· The Pirates, out of South Orange, NJ, will play its fifth straight road game on Friday after coming off a 12-5 win over Wagner on Wednesday.
· Seton Hall is 16-14 this season and 8-12 on the road.
· The team is hitting .281, led by Chris Seldon's .341. Zack Granite follows with a .336 average, a team-best 29 runs scored and a .437 slugging percentage.
· The Pirates are averaging 5.7 runs per game and 9.7 hits per game.
· Seton Hall's pitching staff holds a 3.18 ERA with 16 wins and four saves.
· The staff has fanned 213 opposing hitters, while walking 102 and holding opponents to a .231 average.
· Houston and Seton Hall will meet for the first time in school history this weekend.
Houston: RHP Daniel Poncedeleon (4-2, 3.56 ERA)
Seton Hall: RHP Jon Prosiniski (4-2, 2.80 ERA)
Houston: RHP Austin Pruitt (6-2, 2.29 ERA)
Seton Hall: RHP Josh Prevost (2-2, 2.97 ERA)
Seton Hall: LHP Greg Turhune (2-2, 2.65 ERA).
DIAMOND DOZEN TICKET PACKAGE
Houston Baseball fans can take advantage of the Diamond Dozen package, which provides you 12 general admission anytime tickets for just $84 that can be used anytime during the remaining 15 home games at Cougar Field.
You can use all 12 tickets at a single game; spread them out over 12 different games, or any combination in between. Each general admission anytime ticket can be used for any of the remaining regular season home games on the 2013 schedule.
The Diamond Dozen deal can be purchased for just $84 - a value over $100. CLICK HERE to purchase TODAY, visit UHCougars.com/diamonddozen or call the Houston Athletics Ticket Office at 713-GO-COOGS to get your Diamond Dozen package before it is too late!
Stay up to date with all Houston Baseball news and highlights by following us on Twitter @UHCougarBB or on Facebook at /HoustonCougarBaseball. Fans can also follow head coach Todd Whitting @toddwhitting on Twitter.
Following the weekend series, Houston will host Texas Southern on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. and McNeese State at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday before playing host to Rice next weekend at Cougar Field.
Shop Now at the Official