|#12 HOUSTON (25-11, 6-3) vs. TULANE (19-19, 7-2)|
|LOCATION||Schroeder Park | Houston, Texas|
|GAMEDAY CENTRAL||GAMEDAY CENTRAL|
|WATCH LIVE||American Digital Network | UHCougars.com (Sat & Sun)|
|GAMETRACKER||Friday | Saturday | Sunday|
|SERIES HISTORY||Houston and Tulane have met 76 previous times.|
|SERIES RECORD||Cougars own series, 42-34.|
|GAME NOTES||Game Notes|
HOUSTON – Houston Baseball returns home to host American Athletic Conference leader Tulane in a three-game weekend series at Schroeder Park, beginning Friday at 6:30 p.m.
The series will continue at 6:30 p.m. Saturday and wrap at 1 p.m. Sunday.
Friday’s game will be available on The American Digital Network, free of charge. You can view the game at www.theamerican.org/dn.
- FRIDAY FRENZY | Every Friday night at Darryl & Lori Schroeder Park ($1 popcorn, $2 hot dogs, $3 sodas, $4 beer)
- FIREWORKS | Enjoy postgame fireworks all remaining Friday home games at Schroeder Park.
- GIVEAWAY | Trading Cards (First 500 Fans)
- KIDS DAY | Every Sunday at Darryl & Lori Schroeder Park, kids will be able to run the bases following the game and enjoy postgame autographs
QUICK HITS ON HOUSTON
- Houston enters the weekend with a 25-11 overall record and a 6-3 mark in league play.
- Houston is led offensively by Jake Scheiner’s .403 clip, 53 hits, 12 home runs and 41 RBI.
- Jared Triolo follows Scheiner with a .316 average and is third on the team with 27 runs scored.
- The Cougars are 46-of-58 on the base paths, led by Connor Wong – who has a team-leading 18 stolen bases.
- Houston’s pitching owns a 2.86 ERA with 269 strikeouts to just 77 walks in 317.2 innings.
- Trey Cumbie paces the staff with a 1.40 ERA and is 6-0 in eight starts.
- Saturday starter sophomore Mitch Ullom is right behind him in the win column with a 5-2 record, while owning a 3.50 ERA.
- Sunday starter senior John King is 4-1 and owns a 3.46 ERA with three complete games to his name.
- Sophomore reliever Aaron Fletcher has a team-high six saves in 10 appearances and owns a 0.48 ERA with 19 strikeouts in 18.2 innings out of the bullpen.
- Head coach Todd Whitting begins his seventh season. He owns a Houston record of 233-161-1 and has led the Cougars to two NCAA Regional appearances, a conference tournament title (2014) and a conference regular-season title (2015).
HOUSTON’S LAST AT-BAT
- The Cougars return home after spending the last five games away from Schroeder Park.
- Houston fell in a 5-4 heartbreaker on Tuesday to Sam Houston State in Game 1 of the Don Sanders Cup at Constellation Field in Sugar Land.
- Corey Julks extended his on-base streak to 20 games.
- Houston won its last league series on the road at Memphis, 2-1.
QUICK HITS ON TULANE
- Tulane enters the weekend with a 19-19 overall record and currently leads the league with a 7-2 mark.
- The Green Wave is coming off two midweek games in which they split, losing to Louisiana-Lafayette, 1-0 on Tuesday before beating Southern Miss, 10-8 on Wednesday.
- Tulane last swept then-league leader UConn in a three-game series in New Orleans last weekend and has won series over UConn, Cincinnati and USF.
- Tulane is hitting .264 and slugging .420 with 39 home runs.
- The Green Wave is led by Hunter Williams’ .358 average and 57 hits. Jarret DeHart leads the team with seven home runs and 32 RBI.
- The pitching staff owns a 5.05 ERA with nine saves and 223 strikeouts to 207 walks in 338.1 innings.
- RHP Corey Merrill will start Friday vs. Houston and owns a 4.12 ERA with a 5-2 record in nine starts. He leads the staff with 48 strikeouts in 54.2 innings.
- RHP J.P. France will start Saturday and owns a 4.12 ERA and is 3-3 in nine starts. He has fanned 40 in 59.0 innings.
- Sunday’s starter is listed as TBA. Christian Colletti paces the staff with 16 relief appearances and is 1-1 with a 3.65 ERA and has tallied five saves.
SERIES HISTORY VS. TULANE
- Houston and Tulane have met 76 previous times, dating back to 1986.
- The Cougars own the all-time series, 42-34.
- Houston and Tulane meet twice a year since joining the American and the Cougars met the Green Wave seven times last year with two of the games coming in the American Championship in Clearwater.
- Houston won the overall 2016 series, 4-3.
- Last Meeting: May 27, 2016 | Houston 6, Tulane 2
Following the weekend series at Schroeder Park vs. Tulane, Houston will welcome Sam Houston State to town on Tuesday, April 25. First pitch is slated for 6:30 p.m.
SINGLE GAME TICKETS
Single game tickets are on sale at uhcougars.com/tickets. Fans can enjoy a few single game tickets options for the 29 homes games at Darryl & Lori Schroeder Park during the 2017 season.
SUNDAY FAMILY PACK
A Family Pack for Four for just $30 to any Sunday game at Darryl & Lori Schroeder Park in 2017 in also available.
The Family Pack features four general admission tickets, four hot dogs, four sodas and four popcorns to any Sunday home game for $30.
In order to purchase this deal, the purchaser must CLICK HERE use the promo code: FAMILYPACK.
Stay up to date with all Houston Baseball news and highlights by following us on Twitter @UHCougarBB or on Facebook at /HoustonCougarBaseball. Fans can also follow head coach Todd Whitting @toddwhitting on Twitter.