|HOUSTON (31-20) vs. RICE (23-27-2)|
|LOCATION||Constellation Field | Sugar Land, Texas|
|GAMEDAY CENTRAL||GAMEDAY CENTRAL|
|SERIES HISTORY||Houston and Rice have met 186 times.|
|SERIES RECORD||The Owls own the all-time series, 106-80.|
|GAME NOTES||Game Notes|
HOUSTON -- Houston Baseball will play its final midweek game of the 2018 season when it faces Rice in the Silver Glove Series finale at Constellation Field in Sugar Land on Tuesday. First pitch is slated for 7 p.m.
Tickets for Tuesday's game can be purchased by CLICKING HERE, by calling 281-240-4487 or by visiting the Box Office at Constellation Field.
First pitch slated for 7:05 p.m. | Gates open at 6 p.m.
Parking is $5 and cash only.
- Houston will enter the final week of regular-season play with a 31-20 overall record.
- The Cougars wrapped up American Athletic Conference play last weekend with a 2-1 road series win at No. 18 UConn to capture at least a share of the regular-season title.
- The share of the title gave Houston now five titles (regular-season + tournament) in the last five years.
- Houston will play as the No. 1 seed in the American Championship in Clearwater, Fla. next week.
- As a team, Houston is hitting .253 with 82 doubles, eight triples and 22 home runs. The Cougars hit five home runs in the series at UConn.
- Leading the way offensively is Jared Triolo with a .356 average, a team-high 72 hits and is 15-for-15 on the base paths.
- Joe Davis paces the team with six home runs, 38 RBI, while Connor Hollis owns the team-lead with 43 runs. Lael Lockhart Jr. is second on the team with 34 RBI.
- The pitching staff owns a 3.41 ERA and has fanned 423 hitters and walked 168 in 459.2 innings.
- LHP Aaron Fletcher, who was tabbed the American Pitcher of the Week, is 6-2 and owns a conference-low 1.73 ERA.
- LHP Trey Cumbie is 5-3 with a 3.61 ERA and has 89 strikeouts through 84.2 innings.
- RHP Carter Henry is 5-1 with six saves and a 1.90 ERA in 24 appearances out of the bullpen.
- Rice enters the week with a 23-27-2 overall and record and is coming off a weekend series on UAB in Conference USA play last weekend.
- The Owls will meet Houston on Tuesday before traveling to Miami, Fla. to take on FIU in the final conference series this upcoming weekend.
- Rice is hitting .280 as a team with 82 doubles, nine triples and 29 home runs to accompany 246 RBI.
- Leading the way offensively is Ford Proctor with a .351 average and is second on the team with 72 hits and 37 RBI.
- Ryan Chandler is hitting .349 with a team-high 74 hits, while Trei Cruz owns the team RBI lead with 41.
- The Owls pitching staff owns a 4.42 ERA and has 440 strikeouts and 188 walks in 456.1 innings.
- Opponents are hitting .263 against the Rice hurlers.
- Addison Moss leads the way with a 2.67 ERA and is 1-4 through 11 starts, while Matt Canterino paces the pitchers with six wins in 13 starts, while owning a 3.07 ERA.
- Kendal Jefferies leads the staff with four saves and is 1-3 with a 3.91 ERA in 21 appearances and five starts.
SERIES HISTORY vs. RICE
- Houston and Rice will meet for the final game of the 2018 Silver Glove Series.
- The series is currently tied, 1-1.
- The two teams have met 186 times in program history, dating back to 1948.
- Rice owns the all-time series, 106-80.
- The Owls won the 2017 Silver Glove Series, 2-1, over the Cougars.
- Last Time Out: April 10, 2018 | Houston 1, Rice 0 (Schroeder Park)
Following Tuesday's midweek matchup vs. Rice, the Cougars will travel to Hammond, La. to face Southeastern Louisiana in an out-of-conference, two-game series Thursday and Friday at 6 p.m.
Houston wrapped up American play and this final week of the regular-season serves as the Cougars' bye week in conference play.
Stay up to date with all Houston Baseball news and highlights by following us on Twitter @UHCougarBB or on Facebook at /UHCougarBB. Fans can also follow head coach Todd Whitting @toddwhitting on Twitter.