|HOUSTON (32-20) at SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA (35-19)|
|LOCATION||PKD at Alumni Field | Hammond, La.|
|GAMEDAY CENTRAL||GAMEDAY CENTRAL|
|LIVE STATS||Live Stats| ||
|SERIES HISTORY||Houston and SE Louisiana have met just once in program history (2014).|
|SERIES RECORD||Houston won only previous meeting, 9-5, in NCAA Baton Rouge Regional.|
|GAME NOTES||Game Notes|
HOUSTON -- No. 20 Houston Baseball will hit the road and wrap up its regular-season slate at Southeastern Louisiana, taking on the Lions in two games, beginning Thursday at 6 p.m. and wrapping up at 6 p.m. Friday.
- Houston enters the final two games of the regular season with a 32-20 overall record.
- The Cougars are coming off a convincing 7-2 win over Rice on Tuesday to capture the Silver Glove Series for the fourth time in the last five years.
- As a team, Houston is hitting .255 with 83 doubles, 8 triples and 22 home runs to accompany its 222 RBI.
- Leading the way offensively is Jared Triolo with a .357 average, a team-high 74 hits and a perfect 16-for-16 on the base path.
- Joe Davis follows with a .293 average, six home runs and a team-high 38 RBI.
- Lael Lockhart Jr. and Connor Hollis each have 15 doubles, while Hollis leads the team with 43 runs scored.
- The pitching staff owns a 3.38 ERA and has fanned 433 hitters and walked 171 in 468.2 innings.
- LHP Aaron Fletcher, who was tabbed the American Pitcher of the Week, is 6-2 and owns a conference-low 1.73 ERA. LHP Trey Cumbie is 5-3 with a 3.61 ERA and has 89 strikeouts through 84.2 innings.
- RHP Ryan Randel is coming off a career-performance vs. Rice, tossing 6.2 innings and striking out seven Rice hitters, while only allowing two runs on three hits.
- RHP Carter Henry is 5-1 with six saves and a 1.90 ERA in 24 appearances out of the bullpen.
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA HITS
- Southeastern Louisiana enters the final stretch of the regular season with a 35-19 overall record and a 22-9 mark at home.
- The Lions are coming off a 12-9 win over South Alabama on Tuesday and have won five of their last six games.
- SE Louisiana, as a team, is hitting .256 with 79 doubles, 15 triples and 39 home runs to accompany 288 RBI.
- Leading the way offensively is Drew Avans with a .346 average, 66 hits and 42 RBI. Three Lions own at least a .300 average, as Cody Grosse follows with a .321 clip and a team-high 71 hits.
- The pitching staff owns a 3.60 ERA and has struck out 416 hitters to 134 walks through 484.1 innings.
- Opponents are hitting .248 against the Lion hurlers.
- Carlisle Koestler paces the starters with a 2.95 ERA and a 7-1 record in 14 appearances and 12 starts. He has struck out 64 hitters and walked just 11 through 76.1 innings.
- Josh Green follows with a 3.22 ERA and is 6-4 in 13 starts.
- Out of the bullpen, SE Louisiana is paced by Bryce Tassin's six saves in 16 appearances. He owns a 3.57 ERA and is 2-1.
SERIES HISTORY vs. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
- Houston and Southeastern Louisiana have met just once in program history.
- The Cougars and Lions faced off in the 2014 NCAA Baton Rouge Regional with the Cougars earning a 9-5 win at Alex Box Stadium.
Following the two-game set in Hammond, Louisiana, Houston will prepare to defend its American Athletic Conference tournament title as it travels to Clearwater, Fla. next week to compete in the American Championship at Spectrum Field.
Stay up to date with all Houston Baseball news and highlights by following us on Twitter @UHCougarBB or on Facebook at /UHCougarBB. Fans can also follow head coach Todd Whitting @toddwhitting on Twitter.