March 9, 2011
* The Cougars' four-game winning streak in the C-USA Tournament was snapped as the defending champions were knocked out of the tournament.
* Houston ends the season on a seven-game losing streak.
* The 87 points were the second-most scored by Houston this season. The high output was 88 points against Alcorn State on Nov. 14.
* The last time Houston scored 87 points or more and lost was on Dec. 29, 2009 against Louisiana Tech, a 99-94 setback.
* Houston dropped to 2-1 this season when five players score in double figures, including an 81-58 win over NW Oklahoma State on Nov. 20 and a 79-68 victory over Tulane on Feb. 12.
* Senior forward Maurice McNeil's double-double (16 points/12 rebounds) was his ninth of the season and 15th of his career.
* Senior guard Zamal Nixon scored 20+ points for the second time this season and the sixth time of his career.
* Nixon tied the C-USA Tournament record for free throws made without a miss (12). Nixon entered the game ranked fourth nationally in free throw shooting. He was 94-for-102 from the line in 2010-11.