|rv/rv HOUSTON COUGARS (16-5 • 6-3 American)
at UCF KNIGHTS (14-7 • 5-4 American)
presented by Maintenance Supply Headquarters
|Time||11 a.m. (CST) • Saturday, Feb. 3, 2018|
|Location||CFE Arena (10,000) • Orlando|
Matt Stewart, play-by-play
Mark Wise, analyst
|Radio||KPRC 950 AM
Jeremy Branham, play-by-play
• Pregame show begins at 10:45 a.m. (CST)
|Live Scoring||Live Stats|
|Game Notes||• Houston Notes
• UCF Notes
• The American Notes
ORLANDO – The University of Houston Men’s Basketball program continues its brief road swing when it takes on American Athletic Conference rival UCF at 11 a.m. (CST) Saturday inside CFE Arena.
Saturday’s game will be the only time the Cougars face the Knights during the regular season. The two teams split the regular-season series in 2016-17 with each winning on its home court.
Houston enters this weekend’s game on the heels of a tough 80-70 loss at No. 8 Cincinnati on Wednesday night. Junior guard Corey Davis led the way for Houston with 18 points, including 5 3-pointers, and has drained at least one trey in each of his last 17 games, tying for the 11th-longest streak in Houston single-season history.
While senior guard Rob Gray has seen his scoring numbers dip slightly in recent games, the Forest City, N.C., native continues to make his impact felt. Gray has dished out at least five assists in each of the last six games and ranks fifth in the league with 4.2 assists per game.
Gray, who stands second in the league with 18.3 points per game, joins SMU’s Shake Milton as the only players to rank among the league’s top-5 leaders in both scoring and assists.
Fans can watch Saturday’s game live on ESPNU with Matt Stewwart calling the play-by-play action and Mark Wise providing analysis. Fans can watch the game online by visiting WatchESPN.com and following the appropriate links or by clicking here.
Fans can hear Saturday’s game live on KPRC 950 AM with Jeremy Branham calling the play-by-play action. The pregame show begins at 10:45 a.m., Saturday.
• UCF brings a 14-7 overall record and 5-4 mark in The American into Saturday’s game.
• Knights are tied with Memphis and Tulsa for fourth in the latest league standings.
• In its most recent action, UCF claimed a 70-61 win inside CFE Arena in Orlando on Saturday night.
• Was the Knights’ second win in their last three games.
• Against UConn, junior guard B.J. Taylor led all players with 20 points on 7-of-10 shooting from the field... Junior forward Chad Brown added 10 points with a team-high eight rebounds while senior forward A.J. Davis totaled 10 points, thanks to a 7-of-10 performance from the free throw line... Junior guard Dayon Griffin came off the bench to score 12 points with a pair of 3-pointers.
• This season, Taylor leads the Knights with 15.0 points per game... Junior center Tacko Fall ranked second on the team with 11.3 points and 7.3 rebounds per game but recently was lost for the season with a shoulder injury... Davis stands third among the Knights with 10.3 points per game, while sophomore guard Terrell Allen is tops with 3.5 assists per contest.
• Head Coach Johnny Dawkins is in his 2nd season at UCF and his 10th season overall as an NCAA collegiate head coach.
• Has compiled an 38-19 record at UCF and is 194-134 during his career.
• Previously built a 156-115 record at Stanford (2008-16).
• Dawkins is 2-1 against Houston during his career, including a 1-1 mark with UCF.
• Dawkins is 1-1 against Houston Head Coach Kelvin Sampson during their careers, with both previous meetings coming in 2016-17 during Dawkins’ UCF and Sampson’s Houston careers.
• 1986 graduate of Duke.
• Following Saturday’s game, Houston returns to the friendly confines of H&PE Arena to start a three-game homestand when it plays host to SMU at 8 p.m., Thursday... Game will be shown on ESPN2 and can be heard on KPRC 950 AM.
• From there, homestand continues at 5 p.m., Feb. 11 against Tulane... Game will be shown on ESPNU and can be heard on KPRC 950 AM.
• Homestand wraps up at 6 p.m., Feb. 15, against No. 8/8 Cincinnati... Game will be shown on CBS Sports Network and can be heard on KPRC 950 AM.
Fans can purchase mini-plans, flex plans and single-game tickets with single-game tickets starting at only $15. Fans can purchase tickets online at UHCougars.com/tickets or by calling the Athletics Ticket Office at 713-GO-COOGS (462-6647).
JOIN the 50-50 CLUB
Fans are invited to join the 50-50 Club to support Houston Men’s Basketball. 50-50 Club members help fund program necessities and enhance the experience for our student-athletes.
Fans who join the 50-50 Club will receive embroidered team apparel, a signed basketball, invitations to practice, a tour of the $25 million Guy V. Lewis Development Facility, regular updates about the program and much more.
Fans can receive updates by following @UHCougarMBK on Twitter and catch up with the latest news and notes on the team by clicking LIKE on the team’s Facebook and Instagram pages.