|UIW CARDINALS (3-1 • 0-0 SLC)
at HOUSTON COUGARS (3-1 • 0-0 American)
presented by Maintenance Supply Headquarters
|Time||7 p.m. • Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017|
Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
|Location||H&PE Arena (8,050) • Houston|
|Promotions||Gameday Promotions Schedule
• FREE schedule magnets to first
|Parking||Parking Map & Info
FREE shuttle begins at 5:30 p.m.,
in Lot 12A at TDECU Stadium
|Radio||KPRC 950 AM|
Jeremy Branham, play-by-play
Elvin Hayes, analyst
• Pregame show begins at 6:45 p.m.
|Game Notes||• Houston Notes
• UIW Notes
• The American Notes
HOUSTON – Winners of three of its first four games, the University of Houston Men’s Basketball programs returns to action at 7 p.m., Saturday, when it plays host to UIW inside H&PE Arena on the campus of Texas Southern in a game presented by Maintenance Supply Headquarters.
The Cougars enter Saturday’s game after finishing 2-1 at the Paradise Jam in Lynchburg, Va., last weekend. Houston closed out the tournament with wins against host Liberty and ACC foe Wake Forest to win the consolation title.
Senior guard Rob Gray averaged 26.3 points, 3.3 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game last weekend to lead the Cougars. The Forest City, N.C., native was named to the American Athletic Conference Weekly Honor Roll and currently ranks sixth in the nation with his scoring average.
Davis and Zanna became the first Cougar to post 10+ rebounds in the same game since Devonta Pollard (12 rebs.) and Damyean Dotson (10 rebs.) accomplished the feat against UT Rio Grande Valley on Nov. 30, 2015.
Junior point guard Galen Robinson Jr. returned to the Cougars’ starting lineup at the Paradise Jam and ranks among The American’s top-eight leaders in both assists per game and assist-turnover ratio.
HOUSTON FOOTBALL TICKETS PROMOTION
Fans who show their ticket stubs from Houston Football’s regular-season finale against Navy at the H&PE Arena Tickets Office will be given FREE admission to Saturday’s Men’s Basketball game.
Houston Football kicks off in its regular-season finale against the Midshipment at 11 a.m., Friday, inside TDECU Stadium in Houston.
Fans can purchase season tickets and single-game tickets for as low as $100 with single-game tickets starting at only $12.
Fans can purchase tickets online at UHCougars.com/tickets or by calling the Athletics Ticket Office at 713-GO-COOGS (462-6647).
Fans can park for $5 while spaces are available in the TSU garage adjacent to H&PE Arena. Fans wishing to pay for parking should enter the garage off Blodgett Street.
Fans also can use the FREE parking shuttle to H&PE Arena during the 2017-18 season. Shuttle service begins at 5:30 p.m., Friday, in Lot 12A near Gate 3 of the TDECU Stadium parking lot.
Shuttle return service begins immediately after the game and will run for one hour.
Fans can watch Saturday’s game live on Houston All-Access. Fans can see the game online by visiting uhcougars.com/allaccess and following the appropriate links or by clicking here.
Fans can hear Saturday’s game live on 950 AM KPRC with Jeremy Branham calling the play-by-play action and Hall of Fame legend Elvin Hayes providing analysis. Fans also can hear the game online by visiting UHCougars.com/allaccess and following the appropriate links or by clicking here.
• UIW brings a 3-2 record into Saturday’s game. The Cardinals dropped a 91-87 decision to Loyola Marymount on Wednesday night in San Antonio, Texas, ending a three-game winning streak to open the season.
• UIW opened season with wins against Southwestern (87-71), Trinity (93-57) and McMurry (88-49).
• Against Loyola Marymount, freshman guard Christian Peevy came off the bench to lead the Cardinals with 20 points, thanks to 6-of-8 shooting from the field and 8-of-9 shooting from the free throw line… Guard Shawn Johnson added 18 points with three 3-pointers and a team-high nine rebounds, while guard Jalin Hart finished with 13 points five rebounds and a game-high seven assists... Forward Simi Socks posted 11 points in the loss.
• This season, Peevy averages 15.0 points per game to lead four Cardinals in double digits... Socks and Charles Brown III are tied for second on the team with 14.0 points per game... Johnson stands fourth with 12.3 rebounds per contest but leads the team with 8.0 rebounds , 2.0 blocks and 3.5 steals per game.
• Head Coach Ken Burmeister is in his 12th season at UIW and his 21st as a collegiate head coach… Has compiled a 180-118 record at UIW and is 308-242 during his head coaching career.
• Previously built a 16-9 record at Trinity (Texas) (1998-99), 40-71 record at Loyola (Ill.) (1994-98) and a 72-44 record at UTSA (1986-90).
• Saturday’s game will be the first time that Burmeister has faced Houston or Head Coach Kelvin Sampson in his career.
• 1971 graduate of St. Mary’s (Texas).
• Following Saturday’s game against UIW, the Cougars continue their season-long, four-game homestand when they play host to New Orleans, at 7 p.m., Wednesday.
• Homestand continues with games against Arkansas (Dec. 2) and Fairfield (Dec. 6) inside H&PE Arena.
• Media and fans should note that the starting time for the Dec. 6 game against Fairfield was changed from earlier published schedules... That game will tip off at 11 a.m., Dec. 6, as part of Education Day with elementary students from around Houston ISD attending the game.
JOIN the 50-50 CLUB
Fans are invited to join the 50-50 Club to support Houston Men’s Basketball. 50-50 Club members help fund program necessities and enhance the experience for our student-athletes.
Fans who join the 50-50 Club will receive embroidered team apparel, a signed basketball, invitations to practice, a tour of the $25 million Guy V. Lewis Development Facility, regular updates about the program and much more.
Fans can receive updates by following @UHCougarMBK on Twitter and catch up with the latest news and notes on the team by clicking LIKE on the team’s Facebook and Instagram pages.