• A native of Copperas Cove, Texas, arrived in Houston in January, 2018, after two seasons as defensive backs coach at Louisiana-Monroe.
• The 2017 season saw two of Morgan’s pupils finish in the top three among ULM’s tacklers as Roland Jenkins led the way with 89 stops and Wesley Thompson was third with 67 stops.
• Prior to ULM, spent two seasons as defensive backs coach at Western Carolina.
• In his first season with Western Carolina, Morgan's expertise came to fruition in the continued development of All-Southern Conference corner, Trey Morgan, who led the conference in interceptions (6), and helped WCU pick off 11 passes, the program's most since 2009.
• In two seasons as a graduate assistant at Vanderbilt (2012-13), Morgan helped Vanderbilt's defense rank inside the top 23 nationally in total defense in back-to-back, 9-4 seasons that ended in bowl game appearances.
• In 2013, Vanderbilt ranked 14th nationally in total takeaways including 13th nationally in interceptions.
• Morgan was a four-year letter winner at Louisiana-Lafayette from 2003, 2005-07, starting for four years at safety and playing in 40 career games. He finished with 111 career tackles including 61 solo stops and four tackles for loss with a sack, posting 55 tackles as a senior and a single-game career-high 14 in 2006 against Texas A&M as a junior. He intercepted four passes from his safety position and tallied nine pass break-ups as a player.
• A two-time team captain for the Ragin' Cajuns, Morgan was also a semifinalist for the Draddy Trophy - now the Campbell Trophy or referenced as the "Academic Heisman" - as a senior. During his playing career, Morgan was also a two-time Sun Belt Commissioner's List selection and appeared on the Sun Belt Conference Honor Roll five times.
• Morgan was married to the former Jazen Merrill on July 12, 2014. The couple gave birth to a lovely daughter, Kroix, in March of 2018.