• Ryan Deatrick was named assistant director for football sports performance at Houston in March, 2015, after serving one year as assistant strength and conditioning coach at South Dakota.
• While at South Dakota, Deatrick implemented and monitored speed, strength and conditioning programs for football, men’s basketball and softball. He monitored and designed a systematic road-trip recovery protocol for the men’s basketball program, including the purchase of six pairs of Revitapump recovery boots, an inflatable cold tub, year-round post-practice ready-to-drink protein shakes and the implementation of the program’s between-meals snack system.
• Deatrick was named to South Dakota’s full-time staff after one year as a graduate assistant strength and conditioning coach. During his graduate assistant season, Deatrick implemented and monitored speed, strength, and conditioning programs for football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, women’s soccer, men’s and women’s swimming and diving, softball, and men’s and women’s golf.
• Deatrick spent the spring semester of 2014 serving as an intern with Iowa State’s football strength and conditioning staff where he managed the daily operations and maintenance of the weight room.
• Deatrick also served an internship with Waukee Senior High School strength and conditioning after playing football at Southwest Baptist University and Simpson College.