• Thomas Dunson joined the Houston program as a defensive football analyst in the spring of 2015 after serving six seasons as an assistant football coach and head strength coach at North Shore High School in the Galena Park school district.
• Dunson was an offensive graduate assistant, working with the quarterbacks and tight ends, during the 2008 season at Utah State. He also assisted with the Aggies’ special teams during his year in Logan, Utah.
• The Houston native spent the 2007 season at Rice as an assistant director of football operations and special assistant to the defensive coordinator.
• Dunson spent three seasons (2004-2006) at North Texas, his last as an offensive assistant with the tight ends group. His first two seasons were spent as a defensive graduate assistant working with the Mean Green’s secondary.
• The two-year letterman (1998-99) at LSU started his career as defensive coordinator in 2001 at University High.