Football Postgame Notes vs. Louisiana Tech
Sept. 17, 2011
2. It was the biggest come-from-behind road win since a 31-30 win against Rice (down 30-14, 6:20 left in 3rd quarter) on Sept. 2, 2006.
3. With Saturday's win, the Cougars improved to 3-0 for the second time in the last three seasons... It also was only the program's third 3-0 start since 1990.
Case Keenum IN THE NCAA RECORDS BOOK
4. With three touchdown passes, senior quarterback Case Keenum surpassed Tim Rattay of Louisiana Tech (1997-99) with 116 career TD throws, and tied for fourth with Hawaii's Timmy Chang with 117 touchdown passes... Up next in the NCAA records book is BYU's Ty Detmer, who threw 121 touchdown passes from 1988 to 1991.
5. With 341 yards of total offense (351 pass, -10 rush), Keenum fell just shy of moving pas Texas Tech's Graham Harrell... Keenum now has 15,596 yards of total offense during his career... Harrell ranks third in NCAA history with 15,599 yards of total offense.
Case Keenum NOTES
6. With Saturday's win, Keenum has engineered three of the top four biggest comebacks in Houston history
27 points down at Louisiana Tech in a 35-34 win (Sept. 17, 2011)
19 points down vs. UTEP in a 42-37 win (Nov. 22, 2008)
17 points down vs. UAB in a 45-20 win (Oct. 9, 2008)
7. Saturday's win was Keenum's fifth come-from-behind victory when the Cougars trailed in the final two minutes.
8. Saturday's win was Keenum's eighth come-from-behind victory when the Cougars trailed in the fourth quarter.
9. With three touchdown passes, Keenum posted the 29th multi-touchdown game of his career.
10. This was the 28th 300-yard game of Keenum's career.
11. With Saturday's win, Keenum set a Houston career record with his 27th victory... Keenum broke out of a tie with current Arizona Cardinal quarterback Kevin Kolb... Keenum has posted a 27-13 record during his career as a starter.
12. Keenum threw his first interception of the season with 3:04 remaining in the first quarter, snapping a streak of 90 passes without an interception to open the season.
13. Senior running back Michael Hayes caught a career-long 54-yard touchdown pass from Case Keenum for the Cougars' first score of the game with 7:21 remaining in the second quarter.
14. Senior wide receiver Tyron Carrier recorded a reception in his nation-leading 42nd consecutive game, every game of his collegiate career.
15. Senior wide receiver Patrick Edwards recorded a reception in his 37th consecutive game.
16. Edwards hauled in his 213th and 214th-career receiving touchdowns, which ranks fifth in school history in touchdown receptions.
17. Senior running back Bryce Beall rushed for two scores, marking the ninth time he has rushed for two or more touchdowns.
18. Beall increased his school-record rushing touchdowns to 35 and his all-time Houston total touchdown mark to 42.
19. Senior wide receiver Justin Johnson recorded the first 100-yard receiving game of his career... Johnson posted a career high in that category, topping his previous high of 87 yards at North Texas (Sept. 10, 2011).
20. Sophomore defensive back Thomas Bates recorded his first two career interceptions. Bates secured his first with 4:19 remaining in the first quarter and snagged his second with 7:05 left to play in the game.
21.Freshman linebacker Derrick Mathews posted a career-high 16 tackles. Mathews tallied his eighth tackle with 11:15 remaining in the second quarter to surpass his previous high.
22. Sophomore defensive back Kent Brooks forced a fumble with 10:13 remaining in the contest, his second-career forced fumble.
23. With 16 tackles, senior linebacker Marcus McGraw moved past Hanik Milligan (2000-02) into third place in Houston career history... McGraw now has 408 career tackles... Up next in the Houston records book is Gary McGuire, who posted 472 tackles from 1984 to 1987.
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTES
24. Junior kicker Matt Hogan kicked five extra points to surpass the 100-career extra-point mark. Hogan is now 102-for-111 in his career, marking only the fourth kicker in Houston history with at least 100 extra points.
25. Saturday's game was the first meeting between the two teams since Sept. 9, 1995, a 19-7 Tech win at Robertson Stadium in Houston.
26. With Saturday's win, the Cougars snapped a two-game losing streak to Louisiana Tech... It was the Cougars' first win against the Bulldogs since a 73-3 win in the Houston Astrodome on Aug. 31, 1991... It also was Houston's first win in Ruston since a 60-0 victory on Sept 10, 1988.
27. The Cougars return to the friendly confines of John O'Quinn Field at Robertson Stadium to play host to Georgia State at 7 p.m., Sept. 24... That game will be televised live on CSS... Houston will play four of its next five games at Robertson Stadium, beginning with GSU.