Sept. 24, 2011
1. With Saturday's win, the Cougars improved to 4-0 for the seventh time in school history... It is the first time since 2006 and only the second time since 1990... Other Houston teams that started 4-0 are: 1989, 1979, 1973, and 1966.
2. This was the Cougars' first shutout since a 45-0 victory against Louisiana-Lafayette on Sept. 18, 1999 - a streak of 146 games.
3. Saturday's attendance of 32,005 was the seventh largest crowd in the history of Robertson Stadium... Each of the top-seven biggest crowds in Robertson Stadium history have come since 2009.
4. Saturday's win was the biggest since a 73-14 win against Rice on Nov. 28, 2009.
Case Keenum IN THE NCAA RECORDS BOOK
5. With 404 yards of total offense (415 pass, -11 rush), senior quarterback Case Keenum moved past Texas Tech's Graham Harrell (15,599 yards, 2005-08) and Central Michigan's Dan LeFevour (15,853, 2006-09) into second place in NCAA career history... Keenum now has 16,000 yards (15,120 pass, 880 rush) during his career... Hawai'i's Timmy Chang holds the NCAA career record with 16,910 yards from 2000 to 2004.
6. With 415 passing yards, Keenum moved past BYU's Ty Detmer (15,031 yards, 1988-91) into third place in NCAA career history... Keenum now has 15,120 passing yards during his career... Up next in the Houston records book is Texas Tech's Graham Harrell, who threw for 15,793 yards from 2005 to 2008.
7. With two touchdown passes, Keenum moved into sole possession of fourth place in NCAA career history with 119 career touchdown passes... He broke out of a tie with Hawai'i's Timmy Chang (2000-04)... Up next in the NCAA records book is BYU's Ty Detmer, who threw for 121 touchdowns from 1988 to 1991.
Case Keenum NOTES
8. With two touchdown passes, Keenum posted the 30th multi-touchdown game of his career.
9. This was the 14th 400-yard game of Keenum's career.
10. This was the 29th 300-yard game of Keenum's career.
11. Keenum improved to 28-13 (.683) all-time as the Cougars' starting quarterback... He owns the school career record with his win total.
12. With his third-quarter reception, freshman running back Daniel Spencer became the 30th different Cougar to catch a Keenum pass during his collegiate career.
13. Houston finished with 709 yards of total offense... It was the Cougars' highest offensive output since posting 750 yards (191 rush, 559 pass) during a 50-43 win against Southern Miss on Oct. 31, 2009.
14. With 64 rushing yards, senior running back Bryce Beall moved past the 3,000-yard mark during his career... Beall became only the third player in school history to reach that milestone, joining Ketric Sanford (3,636, 1996-99) and Chuck Weatherspoon (3,247, 1987-90).
15. Senior running back Bryce Beall rushed for two scores, marking the 10th multi-touchdown game of his career.
16. With two rushing touchdowns, Beall increased his school-record rushing touchdowns to 37 and his all-time Houston total touchdown mark to 44.
17. Junior running back Braxton Welford recorded the first touchdown of his career at the 1:29 mark of the third quarter.
18. Senior wide receiver Tyron Carrier recorded a reception in his nation-leading 43rd consecutive game, every game of his collegiate career.
19. Senior wide receiver Patrick Edwards recorded a reception in his 38th consecutive game.
20. Senior wide receiver Justin Johnson recorded his second multi-touchdown game this season... Johnson caught two touchdown passes in the Cougars' 48-23 win at North Texas on Sept. 10.
21. Georgia State's 133 passing yards was the fewest by a Cougar opponent since Memphis recorded 92 yards on Oct. 30, 2010.
22. Georgia State's 241 yards of total offense (108 rush, 133 pass) was the fewest by a Cougar opponent since Texas Southern finished with 179 yards (48 rush, 131 pass) on Nov. 24, 2007.
23. Saturday's game was the first time the Cougars held an opponent scoreless in the first half since leading Rice 59-0 at the break on Nov. 28, 2009.... Houston went on to defeat the Owls 73-14.
24. Senior linebacker Marcus McGraw recorded his second career interception around the 4:25 mark of the third quarter.
25. Redshirt freshman defensive lineman Eric Braswell made the first start of his career.
26. Saturday's game was the first meeting between the two teams.
27. The Cougars enjoy a short week before opening Conference USA play at UTEP at 7 p.m. (CST), Thursday, at the Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas... That game will be televised live on CBS Sports Network.