Nov. 9, 2013
Junior Wayne Beadle recorded his first career touchdown catch and freshman John O’Korn ran for his first rushing touchdown.
Redshirt freshman B.J. Singleton recorded his third blocked field goal of the season.
Sophomore Trevon Stewart led Houston in tackles with 13 for his fourth double-digit tackle game of the year and 10th of his career.
Houston has recorded multiple turnovers in 17 straight games dating back to 2012.
Houston’s defense held UCF to its lowest scoring game of the year with 19 points - 24 was the previous low at Memphis.
John O’Korn leads all true freshman nationally with 23 passing touchdowns after tallying one tonight.
Houston has forced opponents into 32 turnovers this season (3 today).
Houston has now recorded 107 points off turnovers this season after tallying its 32nd of the year.
Demarcus Ayers sits in sixth place all-time with 734 kickoff return yards after tallying 93 tonight.
Deontay Greenberry became the 17th player in school history to record 1,000 receiving yards in a single season.
John O’Korn moves sits in fourth all-time for Houston freshmen with 2,352 total passing yards following 231 tonight..
Houston-UCF played in front of a road crowd in Orlando of 44,665.
• Houston fell to No. 19/21 UCF, 19-14 to drop to 7-2 on the year.
• That marked the first American Athletic Conference loss of the year for Houston, falling to 4-1.
• Houston’s overall record slides to 395-343-15 all-time.
• Houston’s streak of scoring in every quarter (32 straight this season & 39 straight dating back to 2012) ends after being held without a score in the first quarter in tonight’s game.
• The Houston offense has had scoring drives of two minutes or less on 23 occasions this season and 11 under one minute or less, with the quickest coming on a 58-second drive on a 24-yard touchdown by John O’Korn.
• Houston has outscored opponents 255-53 in the second half as opposed to outscoring the opposition just 172-126 in the first half.
• Houston leads the nation in forced turnovers with 32 after collecting three tonight (2 fumble recoveries/1 interception). The Cougars’ 21+ turnover margin also leads the nation.
• The Cougars notched their 17th straight game dating back to 2012 with multiple turnovers.
• Houston has forced 32 total turnovers this season, which has resulted in 107 points. The Cougars scored 7 points off turnovers today.
• The Houston defense has surrendered 126 first half points this season as opposed to only giving up 66 second half points.
• Houston had not been outscored by an opponent in nine straight quarters until allowing UCF to score six points in the second quarter following two field goals.
• Houston’s defense held UCF to its lowest point total of the season at 19 points. The fewest points scored by the Knights prior to tonight came at Memphis in a 24-17 win.
• True freshman quarterback John O’Korn finished with a career-high 56 rushing yards and 13 rushing attempts, while also notching a rushing touchdown and passing touchdown.
• O’Korn’s 24-yard touchdown was the first rushing touchdown for the freshman this season. The run in the third quarter put Houston on the board and up 7-6.
• He leads all FBS true freshman in passing touchdowns with 23.
• O’Korn moved into third all-time for Houston freshmen with 2,352 total passing yards after his 231 tonight, surpassing Case Keenum’s 2,259 passing yards during the 2007 season.
• Sophomore receiver Deontay Greenberry became the 17th player in school history to record 1,000 receiving yards in a single season following his 94 yards tonight.
• Greenberry began the night with 948 yards and surpassed the 1,000 yard mark - finishing with 1,042 total receiving yards through nine games played. That total moves him into 13th all-time in single-season history.
• Freshman receiver Demarcus Ayers remains in sixth place all-time for most kick return yards in a season after 93 yards tonight, totaling 734. He trails Tyron Carrier’s (2011) 756 yards for fifth place by 22 yards.
• Junior linebacker Derrick Mathews forced his second fumble of the season and sixth of his career - with teammate Steven Taylor recovering it for Houston’s first forced turnover of the game.
• Sophomore safety Trevon Stewart notched his third straight game with an interception and fourth pick of the year with under six minutes to play in the first quarter.
• Stewart tallied a team-high 13 tackles to mark the fourth game of the year with double-digit tackles and 10th of his career.
• Junior wide receiver Wayne Beadle narrowed the score to 19-13 with his first touchdown catch on a 12-yard pass by freshman quarterback John O’Korn.
• Beadle recorded a career-long 20-yard reception from O’Korn.
Jeremiah Farley & Cameron Malveaux
• Junior defensive tackle Jeremiah Farley forced his second fumble of the year and third of his career for Houston’s third forced turnover of the game. Teammate redshirt freshman defensive end Cameron Malveaux recovered the fumble for his first of his career.