Oct. 29, 2013
American Athletic Conference leader Houston returns to Reliant Stadium as it takes on USF at 6 p.m., Thursday, in a nationally-televised game
on ESPN. Houston enters the game leading The American with an overall record of 6-1 and a conference record of 3-0 while USF is sixth in The
American at 2-5 and 2-1.
Houston Athletics will offer many promotions during the Halloween kickoff so be sure to read up on how you can participate in the fun! More info
|THE GAME AT A GLANCE
||Thursday, Oct. 31, 2013
||6 p.m. CST
||ESPN / Watch ESPN
Kids will be able to visit several locations on the concourse and trick or treat from several UH Athletics teams, the Cougar Dolls and UH Cheer. Treasure maps with trick or treating locations will be made available to fans prior to the game as well as when they enter.
Students in attendance can enter to win:
- Free T-Shirts to first 1,000 students
- Rare Cougar Card event
- Costume contest with cash prizes
- Student Halloween Photo Booth
- Beats by Dre (1) $100 Visa gift card (2)
- Apple TV (3)
- iPad Mini (1)
To enter to win, you must sign in inside the student entrance (BHP Billiton gate). Students must have a valid UH student ID to participate.
$1,100+ will be awarded to the winners of a Greek Challenge for the UH vs. USF game
There are two categories:
- Greek organization with 25+ members (winner of this category will win $850)
- Greek organizations with less than 25 members (winner of this category will win $250)
Greek Challenge is based on highest attendance percentage and social media impact
- Highest attendance percentage will be measured by the percent of your members who attend the game and sign in at the student entrance (BHP Billiton Gate)
- Must sign in BEFORE halftime of the game
- Social media impact will be measured by:
- Twitter: use of @UHCougarSports & #FootballFrightNight
- Facebook: likes and shares of football-related and event-related posts
- Instagram: likes and use of #FootballFrightNight
- **Posts and social media engagement from member accounts and official accounts both qualify! Be sure to include your organization if you are positing from a personal account and not the official account to receive credit for your Greek organization.
res life challenge
- $1,000 will be awarded to the winners of a Res Life Challenge at the UH vs. USF football game
- The winner of the Res Life Challenge will be the dorm with the highest attendance percentage at the game
- Highest attendance percentage will be measured by the percent of residents who attend the game and sign in at the student entrance (BHP Billiton Gate)
FAMILY #FOOTBALLFRIGHTNIGHT PROMOTIONS
- Treasure Hunt Trick or Treating for kids 8th grade or younger
(map coming soon)
- Trick or Treat Locations receive candy and meet some of your favorite UH student athletes)
- Halloween Haunted House outside stadium in gravel lot by Amegy gate
- KidZone by section 140
- Gameday central by section 105
- Gameday central by section 125
- COSTUME CONTEST with cash prizes for kids 8th grade or younger & the best dressed families
- $100 to top 5 costumes kids 8th grade or younger that enter a kidzone between 4:30-6
- $100 to top 3 families in costume (no families with recruitable age children permitted to win)
- Haunted House Halloween maze outside of the stadium by the Amegy Gate
- KidZone inside stadium by section 140 from 4:30 until halftime
- Inflatable games, trick or treating, face painting, coloring, etc.
Fans are allowed to bring umbrellas into reliant stadium. Once inside they are required to be collapsed and placed in an umbrella bag provided by reliant stadium.
Fans in costume will receive a discounted lower level ticket! Lower level GA will now be available for only $10 and lower level reserved are just $20. More info
To purchase tickets, fans can call 713-GO-COOGS (462-6647) or 877-COUGAR-5 (268-4275) or visit the Athletics Ticket Office, located on the first floor of the Athletics/Alumni Center from 8 a.m., to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Fans can also purchase tickets online by clicking here.