Nov. 22, 2007
Roster | Schedule | Game Notes (PDF)
HOUSTON - The University of Houston women's basketball team will spend Thanksgiving on the road this year with three games at the National City Xavier Invitational in Cincinnati, Ohio.
UH takes on Xavier at 7 p.m. CST Friday, Liberty at 5 p.m. Saturday and McNeese State at 11 a.m. Sunday. All games are scheduled for the Cintas Center.
Live statistics will be available at GoXavier.com.
Tournament: National City Xavier Invitational
Date: Friday, Nov. 23, 2007
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Tipoff: 7 p.m. Central
Venue: Cintas Center (10,250)
Radio: Stretch Internet Broadcast
Radio Talent: Jeremy Branham
Live Webcast: None
Live Statistics: GoXavier.com / CSTV Gametracker
Tickets: 513-745-3411 / GoXavier.com
- UH enters after a 69-68 loss to Middle Tennessee (11/19) at Hofheinz Pavilion. The Cougars made a 19-7 run over the last six minutes of the game to erase a 13-point deficit, but were unable to convert two chances to win it at the buzzer.
Twiggy McIntyre (15.3 ppg/3.8 apg) leads the way for Houston.
- UH takes on Xavier at 7 p.m. CST Friday, Liberty at 5 p.m. Saturday and McNeese State at 11 a.m. Sunday. All games are scheduled for the Cintas Center.
- Xavier is 2-1 on the season and is coming off consecutive wins over Penn State (11/15) and Valparaiso (11/18). The Musketeers are led by sophomore Amber Harris (F/6-5) who's averaging 19.3 ppg and 8.0 rpg. She already is XU's career blocks record holder with 145.
- Friday marks the first-ever meeting between the two teams.
- Houston head coach Joe Curl, entering his 10th season with the Cougars, suffered a heart attack after returning from a recruiting trip on Oct. 27. He is out indefinitely while he recovers. Assistant coach Danny Hughes has been named the interim head coach.