Dec. 7, 2007
Roster | Schedule | Game Notes (PDF)
| 2007-08 Statistics
HOUSTON - The University of Houston women's basketball team, coming off one of the best wins in recent school history, continues a three-game road swing at Miami, Saturday at 1 p.m. CST in the BankUnited Center.
Tip off is 1 p.m. Central.
Live audio and statistics are available at UHCougars.com.
- UH (3-6) knocked off previously undefeated Texas Tech, 66-63, in front of 8,493 people at the United Spirit Center on Dec. 4.
- The Cougars snapped a 16-game road losing streak that dated back to the end of the 2006 season. UH had also not won a game in Lubbock since 1985.
- Twiggy McIntyre (12.4 ppg) leads the way for UH. She tallied a game-high 17 points against Tech last Tuesday.
- Tye Jackson (12.3 ppg) returned to the starting lineup Tuesday after missing two games due to a knee injury. She put together one of her most complete games since joining UH two years ago, finishing with six points, five rebounds, two steals and two blocks.
- Jackson was named one of the initial 30 candidates for the 2007-08 Lowe's Senior CLASS Award on Dec. 6.
- Alona Obaze (knee) is doubtful for Saturday's game.
- Houston head coach Joe Curl, who suffered a heart attack on Oct. 27, was released from the hospital on Nov. 29. No timetable has been set for his return and assistant coach Danny Hughes will serve as the interim head coach for the foreseeable future.
- Miami enters with a 4-4 record, having lost its most recent game to FIU, 60-58, on Dec. 4.
- The Hurricanes are led by Maurita Reid (14.4 ppg).
Date: Saturday, Dec. 8, 2007
Location: Miami, Fla.
Tipoff: 1 p.m. Central
Venue: BankUnited Center (7,000)
Radio: Stretch Internet Broadcast
Radio Talent: Jeremy Branham (PXP)
Live Webcast: None
Live Statistics: UHCougars.com / CSTV GameTracker
Tickets: 888-GOCANES / HurricaneSports.com