Dec. 21, 2007
Dec. 15, 2007
Roster | Schedule | Game Notes (PDF)
| 2007-08 Statistics
HOUSTON -The University of Houston women's basketball team opens up a season-long six-game homestand against longtime rival TCU, Friday at 7 p.m. CST.
Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. CST Friday.
Live audio and GameTracker is available at www.UHCougars.com.
- UH (4-7) was 2-1 on its recent three-game road swing, picking up wins at Texas Tech and Miami, but falling at Akron.
- Twiggy McIntyre (12.8 ppg) and Tye Jackson (12.7 ppg) lead the way for Houston.
- Jackson, one point away from breaking the 1,000 career-point plateau, appears on the watch lists for the Lowe's Senior CLASS and Naismith Awards.
- She would be the 18th player in UH's 32-year history and the fourth active player in C-USA to achieve the milestone along with Janielle Dodds (SMU), Crystal McFadden (UAB) and Kendra Read (Southern Miss).
- The last player to surpass 1,000 career points was Sancho Lyttle (2003-05) who finished her two-year career with 1,092 points.
- UH's all-time scoring leader is former standout Chandi Jones (2000-04) with 2,692 points.
- Assistant Coach/SWA DeJuena Chizer (1983-87) tallied 1,102 points during her four-year career with the Cougars.
- Alona Obaze (knee) and Courtney Taylor (back) are probable for Friday's game. Zane Jakobsone (wrist) looks to make her UH debut.
- Friday marks the 38th meeting between the schools, dating back to 1983.
- The schools have been rivals in two leagues, the Southwest Conference (1982-96) and Conference USA (2000-05).
- Houston leads the all-time series 28-9, including a 16-2 mark on Guy V. Lewis Court at Hofheinz Pavilion.
- Houston has won four of the last six matchups in the series.
- Houston head coach Joe Curl, who suffered a heart attack on Oct. 27, was released from the hospital on Nov. 29. No timetable has been set for his return and assistant coach Danny Hughes will serve as the interim head coach for the foreseeable future.
- UH continues a six-game homestand against Duke (12/28) and Lamar (01/02) before entering C-USA play against UTEP (01/04), Tulane (01/06) and Rice (01/13). The homestand is UH's longest since playing nine-straight at home from 12/14/96-01/10/97.
Date: Friday, Dec. 21, 2007
Tipoff: 7 p.m. (CST)
Location: Houston, Texas
Venue: Guy V. Lewis at Hofheinz Pavilion (8,479)
Series: UH leads 28-9
Streaming: All-Access Broadcast at UHCougars.com. Click HERE to watch.
Live Stats: Click HERE
Radio: Houston ISP Sports Network online broadcast powered by Stretch Internet. Jeremy Branham (play-by-play). Click HERE to listen.
Tickets: Can be purchased through The University of Houston ticket office by calling 713-GO-COOGS or by clicking HERE.