HOUSTON – The Houston Soccer team was outlasted in a 4-0 loss to USF, Sunday afternoon at the Carl Lewis Complex.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Houston came out aggressive, but was outshot by the Bulls 9-8 in the opening frame and 24-21 overall.
The Cougars had 11 players post shots during the match, led by Mia Brascia with four. Brascia led the Cougars with two shots on goal. Jazmin Grant and Selena Peters combined for six shots during the match. CaLeigha Callahan, Kaitlyn Wild, and Hannah Dauzat each racked up a pair of shots, including a shot that hit the top of the post inside the 32 minute, marking one of many UH scoring opportunities.
Kate Godfrey made her first start in goal for Houston, picking up two saves in 45 minutes of action. At the break, Kaitlin Sterner took over goalkeeping duties for Houston, picking up five saves of her own.
- Seven newcomers saw action during the match, combining for 10 shots.
- Godfrey made her first start in the box for Houston, marking the first time a freshman has seen action in goal for Houston since the Sterner made a pair of starts during the 2014 season.
- With 21 shots, Houston hit USF with the second highest number of shots the Bulls have faced this season.
- Houston falls to 5-6-1 on the season and 1-3 in American play.
- USF improves to 9-3 on the season and 4-1 in the American.
- USF now leads the all-time series with Houston 4-9-0
Houston will set out for a pair of east coast matchups with Temple on Oct. 12 and UConn on Oct. 15.
The Houston Athletics Ticket Office is proud to offer the Shasta Pass for the 2017-18 athletic season. For just $80, Cougar fans can purchase one Shasta Pass, which allows season-long general admission entrance to all Houston Soccer, Women’s Basketball, Volleyball, and Softball home games. To purchase a Shasta Pass, click HERE. Fans that purchase a Shasta Pass will enter the game on a VIP List at the entrance to each sport facility. Please bring a Photo ID.
FOLLOW THE COUGARS!
Fans can keep up with the latest in University of Houston Cougar athletics by following us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HoustonAthletics), Twitter (@UHCougars), Instagram (houstoncougars) and YouTube.com (Youtube.com/UHAthletics). In addition, the soccer team has established its own official Facebook (Facebook.com/UHCougarSoccer) and Twitter pages (@UHCougarSoccer), which provide regular updates on the team and live results during home matches.