HOUSTON – The Houston Soccer team looks to remain perfect at home when it host Southern Mississippi on Sept. 8 and Lamar on Sept. 10 at Carl Lewis Complex.
- Houston returns home after an 18-day hiatus.
- The Cougars are 2-2-0 on the season after a pair of losses at the hands of Cal-State Northridge and Rice.
- UH is perfect at home this season and 123-186-37 all-time.
EYES ON THE GOAL
The Last Meeting
October 14, 2011
- Hannah Dauzat and Jazmin Grant lead the Cougars in both goals and points with two and five respectively.
- Six different Houston players have scored goals so far this season which is even with the amount of players who scored all of last season.
- Madison Soileau leads the team in assists with two.
PROTECT THIS HOUSE!
- Rachel Estopare has spent a large portion of time in goal for Houston, racking up 315 minutes in four starts.
- The junior has tallied up 24 saves this season, including a season-high 11 saves against Rice.
- Houston has only allowed one goal at home this season and has outscored opponents 8-7.
SCOUTING THE GOLDEN EAGLES
- Southern Miss is in its fifth season under head coach Mohammed El-Zare.
- The Golden Eagles will enter the match with a 4-1-0 record which includes a 1-1-0 record on the road.
- Last time Southern Miss took the pitch Ole Miss handed them an 8-0 loss.
- Becky McMullan leads the Golden Eagle in scoring with six point off of three goals.
- Miah Zuazua leads in the assists category with three this season.
- Kelly Brahmbhatt is the primary goalkeeper for Southern Miss and has tallied up a 4-0 record this season and .824 save percentage.
SCOUTING THE CARDINALS
- Lamar enters its second season under head coach Steve Holman.
- The Cardinals will travel to Texas Southern for a Thursday evening matchup before heading to Carl Lewis Complex and currently sit at 4-2-0 this season.
- Lamar rides a two match win streak into its match against Texas Southern after defeating Arkansas Pine-Bluff and The University of Texas – Rio Grande Valley last week.
- Three Cardinals have scored a pair of goals this season.
- Kelsi Peskin leads the team with four assist.
Houston embark on a four-match trip to close out its non-conference slate and open conference action. The Cougars will match up with New Mexico on Sept. 15 followed by a meeting with New Mexico State on Sept. 17. #HTownHustle will begin conference action on the road at Tulsa on Sept. 21 before jetting to Memphis for a Sept. 24 meeting.
Pack the House: Bring the entire family and PACK THE HOUSE when Houston host Southern Miss on Sept. 8. Tickets for the match are $1 and admission is free with the donation of two non-perishable foods.
Dog Days of Summer: Bring your canine friends to the Carl Lewis Complex as Houston host Lamar Sept. 10. Admission is free with the donation of two non-perishable foods.
The Houston Athletics Ticket Office is proud to offer the Shasta Pass for the 2017-18 athletic season. For just $80, Cougar fans can purchase one Shasta Pass, which allows season-long general admission entrance to all Houston Soccer, Women’s Basketball, Volleyball, and Softball home games. To purchase a Shasta Pass, click HERE. Fans that purchase a Shasta Pass will enter the game on a VIP List at the entrance to each sport facility. Please bring a Photo ID.
FOLLOW THE COUGARS!
Fans can keep up with the latest in University of Houston Cougar athletics by following us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HoustonAthletics), Twitter (@UHCougars), Instagram (houstoncougars) and YouTube.com (Youtube.com/UHAthletics). In addition, the soccer team has established its own official Facebook (Facebook.com/UHCougarSoccer) and Twitter pages (@UHCougarSoccer), which provide regular updates on the team and live results during home matches.