HOUSTON – The Houston Soccer team will pack its bags and head to the East coast for a pair of weekend matches against Temple on Oct. 12 and UConn on Oct. 15.
- Houston heads into the weekend with a 5-6-1 overall record, including a 1-3-0 mark in conference play.
- Senior Selena Peters leads the team in scoring with 12 points off a six goals this season.
- Madison Soileau leads the Cougars in the assists column with seven this season and is ninth in the country in the category.
- Rachel Estopare, Kate Godfrey, and Kaitlin Sterner have all spent time in goal for Houston, collecting 79 saves and combining for a 1.88 GAA.
LAST TIME OUT
The Last Meeting
October 6, 2016
CARL LEWIS COMPLEX
The Last Meeting
October 9, 2016
CARL LEWIS COMPLEX
- Houston hosted a pair of AAC matches against then No. 10/21 UCF and USF, falling in both matches.
- Jazmin Grant led the team in shots this past weekend with seven shots, including one that was on target.
- Godfrey made the first start of her collegiate career against USF, collecting two saves.
SCOUTING THE OWLS
- Temple heads into it fifth season under Head Coach Seamus O’Connor.
- Temple is 5-6-2 on the season and 1-2-1 in American action, after going 0-2-1 in its last three matches.
- Senior forward Gabriella McKeown and junior forward Kerri McGinley currently lead the team in points with eight.
- McKeown leads the team in goals with four.
- Both Elana Falcone and McKeown leads the Owls in assists with three each.
- Morgan Basileo is the primary goalkeeper for Temple, notching 46 saves and three clean sheets.
SCOUTING THE HUSKIES
- UConn heads into this weekend sitting at 4-6-3 overall and 2-2-0 in conference, slated to faceoff with SMU in a Thursday evening match.
- Kess Elmore leads UConn in points this season with 11 points off of five goals and one assist.
- Vivien Beil leads the Huskies in assist with three this season.
- Mollie Kerrigan is the primary goalkeeper for UConn, collecting 36 saves and one shutout this season.
AROUND THE CONFERENCE
- Houston is currently seventh in the American Conference standings.
- The Cougars are second in saves in the AAC with 79.
- Soileau is one assist from becoming first all-time in single-season assists. The sophomore currently has seven.
- Peters is currently tied for fifth all-time in goals with 15.
- Grant is averaging 0.88 SOG per game and currently sits in 10th-place all-time in the category.
- With 131 saves, Estopare has cracked the sixth spot in career saves.
Houston will return home for the final time this season for an Oct. 19 meeting with Cincinnati and Senior Day clash with ECU on Oct. 22.
The Houston Athletics Ticket Office is proud to offer the Shasta Pass for the 2017-18 athletic season. For just $80, Cougar fans can purchase one Shasta Pass, which allows season-long general admission entrance to all Houston Soccer, Women’s Basketball, Volleyball, and Softball home games. To purchase a Shasta Pass, click HERE. Fans that purchase a Shasta Pass will enter the game on a VIP List at the entrance to each sport facility. Please bring a Photo ID.
FOLLOW THE COUGARS!
Fans can keep up with the latest in University of Houston Cougar athletics by following us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HoustonAthletics), Twitter (@UHCougars), Instagram (houstoncougars) and YouTube.com (Youtube.com/UHAthletics). In addition, the soccer team has established its own official Facebook (Facebook.com/UHCougarSoccer) and Twitter pages (@UHCougarSoccer), which provide regular updates on the team and live results during home matches.