HOUSTON – The Houston Soccer team returns home for its final home stand of the season when it faces No. 21 Cincinnati on Thursday morning and ECU in a Sunday afternoon match up.
- Houston heads into the weekend with a 5-8-1 overall record, including a 1-5-0 mark in conference.
- The Cougars are 3-2-1 at home this season.
- Selena Peters leads Houston in goals with six this season, and is followed by Hannah Dauzat who has found the back of the net five times.
- Madison Soileau has posted a team-high seven assists this season.
- Rachel Estopare is the primary goalkeeper for Houston with 74 saves this season.
LAST TIME OUT
The Last Meeting
October 16, 2016
- The Cougars dropped a pair of road matches at Temple and UConn this past weekend.
- Two early goals from Temple resulted in a 2-0 loss to the Owls.
- Jazmin Grant netted two goals in a 3-2 overtime loss to UConn on Sunday.
SCOUTING THE BEARCATS
- Cincinnati heads into this week with an 11-1-3 overall, including a 4-0-2 mark in conference.
- Sophie Gorman leads the Bearcats in goals this season with four, followed by four players with three goals each.
- Gorman also leads the team in the assist category with four this season.
- Madison Less is the primary goalkeeper for Cincinnati, only allowing five goals this season.
- Less has posted 29 saves and a 5-1-3 record.
SCOUTING THE PIRATES
- ECU will enters this week with a 6-7-2 overall record, including a 1-5-0 mark in conference.
- Courtney Cash leads ECU in scoring with six goals this season
- Jenna Geist has a team-high four assists this season.
- Michelle Newhouse is the primary goalkeeper for ECU with 51 saves and a 5-7-2 record.
- Soileau is one assist from becoming first all-time in single-season assists. The sophomore currently has seven.
- Peters is currently tied for fifth all-time in goals with 15.
Houston will close out its home slate at the Carl Lewis Complex with a Sunday meeting with ECU for Senior day. Houston will honor its nine outstanding seniors before the match.
- Elementary School Day: Houston welcomes area Elementary School kids to Carl Lewis Complex. Tickets for all fans are $1. Houston will be wearing green warmup in conjunction with The American Student-Athlete Advisory Committee and its efforts to raise awareness for student-athlete mental health.
- Senior Day: Houston will honor its nine seniors for all their efforts as members of the Houston Soccer program.
The Houston Athletics Ticket Office is proud to offer the Shasta Pass for the 2017-18 athletic season. For just $80, Cougar fans can purchase one Shasta Pass, which allows season-long general admission entrance to all Houston Soccer, Women’s Basketball, Volleyball, and Softball home games. To purchase a Shasta Pass, click HERE. Fans that purchase a Shasta Pass will enter the game on a VIP List at the entrance to each sport facility. Please bring a Photo ID.
FOLLOW THE COUGARS!
Fans can keep up with the latest in University of Houston Cougar athletics by following us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HoustonAthletics), Twitter (@UHCougars), Instagram (houstoncougars) and YouTube.com (Youtube.com/UHAthletics). In addition, the soccer team has established its own official Facebook (Facebook.com/UHCougarSoccer) and Twitter pages (@UHCougarSoccer), which provide regular updates on the team and live results during home matches.