Aug. 24, 2012
HOUSTON - The University of Houston softball program is looking for a student-manager for the 2012-13 season. If interested, please contact head coach Kyla Holas email@example.com and include your resume and a short description on what interests you in this position.
Only current students at the University of Houston are eligible for the position.
Job Duties: Must be able to work all home/away softball games and practices. Help set up equipment and practice with student-athletes if needed. Attend laundry after each practice and games.
Job Requirements: Evening and weekend hours, and knowledge about the sport of softball.
1. Follow all team rules to the letter, as you are a member of the staff and not the team.
2. Practice will be set up prior to start time. The manger will need to come by and get a copy of the practice plan during the day from Coach Holas and find out what is needed for that day.
3. During practice, follow the practice plan and be prepared to change the set up when it is time for the next session.
4. Be accountable for all equipment and store it in an orderly fashion in both the equipment shed and the uniform room.
5. Complete all laundry in a timely manner.
6. Issue equipment to players when requested by the coaches and make sure things are turned back in to equipment room.
7. Put game balls and towels in each dugout on game days and keep a stock of game balls available when foul balls leave the field.
8. Be responsible for all equipment on road trips, including uniforms, extra supplies and any thing else needed.
9. Keep a supply of clean towels in the locker room at all times.
10. Assist in running tournaments, including field work, press box duties, etc.
11. Keep the scorebook during all games.
12. Be available during practice to assist where needed during drills.
13. Check with equipment room often to pick up equipment ordered.
14. Have a good time traveling and being a part of Cougar Softball.