March 11, 2014
HOUSTON - All three of the University of Houston divers competing at the NCAA Zone D Diving Championships showed strong performances on Tuesday as the trio advanced to the 3M diving finals during the second day of competition.
Junior Natasha Burgess placed the highest for the Cougars with her tenth-place showing as she totaled 625.65 points - the fourth best score in Houston history. Burgess turned in a 317.10 performance in the afternoon prelims before registering a 308.55 score for the finals.
Sophomore Danielle Shedd finished just behind teammate Burgess by combining her two rounds to finish with a 618.65 score, the sixth-highest in school history, Shedds two-round scores were 308.30 and 310.35.
Taylor Olanski took 17th place with her total of 587.25 points during her first taste of competition during the Championships. The freshman from London, Ontario advanced to the finals a prelim score of 290.90 before bettering her performance in the finals to the tune of 296.35.
The 2014 NCAA Zone Diving Championships conclude tomorrow with the platform. Shedd currently stands in the ninth and final qualification spot for the NCAA Championships.
10. Natasha Burgess 625.65
12. Danielle Shedd 618.65
17. Taylor Olanski 587.25
1. Platform winner
2. Three-meter winner Maren Taylor, Texas
3. One-meter winner Maren Taylor, Texas
4. Second place: three-meter Emma Ivory-Ganja, Texas
5. Second place: one-meter Margaret Keefer, Minnesota
6. Third place: three-meter Cassie Weil, LSU
7. Third place: one-meter Lauren Reedy, Missouri
8. Second place: platform
9. Fourth place: three-meter Anna Filipcic, Nebraska
10. Fourth place: one-meter Jessica Ramberg, Minnesota
11. Fifth place: three-meter Margaret Keefer, Minnesota
12. Third place: platform
13. Fifth place: one-meter Alexandra Bettridge, LSU
14. Sixth place: three-meter Alexandra Bettridge, LSU
15. Sixth place: one-meter Danielle Shedd, Houston
16. Fourth place: platform
17. Seventh place: three-meter Samantha Bromberg, Texas
18. Seventh place: one-meter Emma Ivory-Ganja, Texas
19. Eighth place: three-meter Meghan Houston, Texas
20. Fifth place: platform
21. Eighth place: one-meter Abby Grilli, Iowa
22. Ninth place: three-meter Lauren Reedy, Missouri
23. Ninth place: one-meter Zoe Alaniz, Texas A&M
24. Sixth place: platform
25. 10th place: three-meter Natasha Burgess, Houston
26. 10th place: one-meter Natasha Burgess, Houston
27. 11th place: three-meter Abby Grilli, Iowa
28. Seventh place: platform
29. 11th place: one-meter Meghan Houston, Texas
30. 12th place: three-meter Danielle Shedd, Houston
31. 12th place: one-meter Loren Figueroa, Missouri