HOUSTON – The University of Houston Swimming & Diving program will makes its return to the NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships, March 14-17 at the McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion in Columbus, Ohio.
- Houston will be represented at the NCAA Championships for the first time since the 2009 season by sophomores Peyton Kondis and Zarena Brown and Senior Ksenia Yuskova.
- In only his third season at the helm of the Houston Swimming & Diving program Head Coach Ryan Wochomurka has earned two conference championships and now three NCAA Champion qualifiers.
- Kondis has posted the fasted time in program history in the 100y Breaststroke at the 2018 American Athletic Conference Championships. The sophomore clocked a NCAA B-Cut time of 59.73 in the event.
- The Pennsylvania native will also be competing in the 200y Breaststroke and 200 Individual Medley, which she holds the second-fastest times in program history with times of 2:12.01 and 1:59.75.
- Brown won six medals and three individual events at the 2018 American Athletic Conference Championships. The sophomore holds the current program record in the 100y Freestyle, winning the event with a time of 49.09 at the conference championships.
- Brown will also compete in the 200y Freestyle and 500y Freestyle this week. Brown holds the second-best times in program history in each of those events.
- Yuskova holds the program record in the 200y Freestyle after posting the then-eighth fastest time in the country in the event during the Phill Hansel Invitational. The senior will also compete in the 50y Freestyle and the 100y Freestyle, both events in which she holds the second-fastest times in program history.
- The NCAA Championship field is made up of 322 participants; 281 swimmers and 41 divers.
- 58 schools will be sending swimmers to Ohio.
WHERE TO WATCH
ESPNU will broadcast the championships finals session starting Friday at 5 p.m. Eastern. The finals session on Saturday will be streamed live by ESPN3/ESPNU starting at 6 p.m. Eastern. Sessions not streamed live on ESPNU/ESPN3 can be found HERE. For up to the minute results click HERE.
FOLLOW THE COUGARS!
Fans can keep up with the latest in University of Houston Cougar athletics by following us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HoustonAthletics), Twitter (@UHCougars), Instagram (houstoncougars) and YouTube.com (Youtube.com/UHAthletics). In addition, the swimming & diving team has established its own official Facebook (Facebook.com/UHCougarSwim) and Twitter pages (@UHCougarSwim), which provide regular updates on the team and live results during home meets.