HOUSTON – The Houston Swim & Dive team will open its 2017-18 season, Thursday at Incarnate Word in the UIW/Houston Dual. Events are slated to begin at 1 p.m. at the Ann Barshop Natatorium.
- The Cougars are fresh off of a first-place finish at the North Texas Relays in exhibition.
- Houston secured eleven podium finishes at UNT, including six first-place finishes.
- UH is 4-1 against Incarnate Word, last defeating the Cardinals on January 11, 2016 in a 200-96 decision in San Antonio.
NEW FACES IN THE CROWD
- Houston welcomes ten new faces to its roster this season, eight of whom helped secure podium finishes at UNT.
SCOUTING THE CARDINALS
- Incarnate Word is entering its twelfth year under Head Coach Phillip Davis.
- UIW opened its season at the Rice Invitational where it finished second-overall.
- The Cardinals turned in a fifth-place finish at the CSCAA Conference Championships last season, with two top-10 finishes.
ORDER OF EVENTS
1 Meter Diving
200 Medley Relay
3 Meter Diving
10 Minute Break
400 Free Relay
Houston will head home to the friendly confines of the CRWC Natatorium to host SMU in a conference clash Oct. 20, followed by a meeting with North Texas on Oct. 21.
FOLLOW THE COUGARS!
Fans can keep up with the latest in University of Houston Cougar athletics by following us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HoustonAthletics), Twitter (@UHCougars), Instagram (houstoncougars) and YouTube.com (Youtube.com/UHAthletics). In addition, the swimming & diving team has established its own official Facebook (Facebook.com/UHCougarSwim) and Twitter pages (@UHCougarSwim), which provide regular updates on the team and live results during home meets.