Phill Hansel Invitational
Hosted by The University of Houston
Nov. 15 - 17, 2012
The University of Houston Campus Recreation and Wellness CenterMap
Eight lane, 25-yard indoor pool with non-turbulent lane lines and separated diving well and warm up/ swim down areas.
Herb Schwab | Herb.Schwab@gmail.com
Linda Brenneke | firstname.lastname@example.org
| 281- 589-8913
Sports Information Contact:
Michael McGrory, email@example.com
Sports Medicine Contact:
Corey Newton | firstname.lastname@example.org
Augie Busch | Head Coach, Women's Swimming | email@example.com | 713- 743-9373 | 832-776-0732
Clifton Robbins Assistant Coach, Women's Swimming | firstname.lastname@example.org | 214-394-4049 | 713-743-9398
Jane Figueiredo | Head Coach, Diving | email@example.com | 713- 743- 9372 | 713-859-3868
ORDER OF EVENTS
This is a prelim/final meet with additional time trials available at the end of the morning session each day. Women are odd event numbers. Men are even event numbers. Please see diving section for details on diving event schedule.
|1/2: 200 Free Relay
||13/14: 200 Medley Relay
||29/30: 1650 Freestyle
|3/4: 500 Freestyle
||15/16: 400 IM
||31/32: 200 Backstroke
|5/6: 200 IM
||17/18: 100 Butterfly
||33/34: 100 Freestyle
|7/8: 50 Freestyle
||19/20: 200 Freestyle
||35/36: 200 Breaststroke
||21/22: 100 Breaststroke
||37/38: 200 Butterfly
|11/12: 400 Medley Relay
||23/24: 100 Backstroke
||39/40: Platform Diving
||41/42: 400 Freestyle Relay
||27/28: 800 Freestyle Relay
Thursday- November 15, 2012
Swimming Prelims - 10 a.m.
Diving Prelims: Men's 1m - 11 a.m.
Women's 3m - 30 minutes after the completion of Men's 1m
Diving Finals: Men's 1m Final - 5 p.m.
Women's 3m Final - during the first break of the evening swimming session
Swimming Finals - 6 p.m.
Friday - November 16, 2012
Swimming Prelims- 10 a.m.
Diving Prelims: Women's 1m - 11 a.m.
Men's 3m - 30 minutes after the completion of Women's 1m
Diving Finals: Women's 1m Final - 5 p.m.
Men's 3m Final - during the first break of the evening swimming session
Swimming Finals- 6 p.m.
Saturday - November 17, 2012
Swimming Prelims - 10 a.m.
Diving Finals: Men's and Women's Combined Platform Final - 12 p.m.
Swimming Finals - 6 p.m.
Houston - women
Tulane - women
Rice - women
Wyoming - both
Air Force - women
New Mexico State - women
LSU - both
Colorado State - women
SMU - both
Florida Gulf Coast - women
Fresno State - women
Arkansas - women
New Mexico - women
Idaho - women
Texas AM - both
Texas - both
Clemson - both
Nebraska - women
UCLA - women
Kansas - women
There is no squad-size limit for this invitational.
Entries should be received on or before 6 p.m., Monday, November 5th. Please enter the meet on Hy-Tek. Email your entries to Linda Brenneke at (firstname.lastname@example.org). A confirmation email will be sent back once the entries are received and successfully imported. Team Manager Lite programs may be downloaded at http://www.hy-tekltd.com/downloads.html Click on Lite next to the product name to download and save the file to your desktop. Then open the Lite file from your desktop to install the Lite software. All entries must be submitted as Short Course Yards.
All diving sheets and entries must be done online at www.divemeets.com
There is a $200 meet entry fee for each combined team. A women's only team pays $100. A men's only team pays $100.
Diving only teams pay $100.
Make Checks Payable to: UH Women's Swimming & Diving
Late entries will be accepted each day until 30 minutes before the start of the meet for exhibition swims only. Please see the meet manager at the scorer's table to deck enter.
Time trials will be offered at the conclusion of each morning session. Please inform the meet director of your intent to enter a time trial as early as possible. Time trials are separate from the six individual events maximum for the invitational.
The 1650 Freestyle will be deck seeded. Enter with 1000 Freestyle times. Positive check-in for the 1650 is Friday by 6 p.m.. The 1650 will be swum alternating women/men, slowest to fastest following the morning preliminaries with the fastest seeded heat of men and women being swum in the finals.
Each team can score two relays per relay event. However, each team can enter and swim an unlimited number of relays. Teams have the option of swimming relays in prelims. Seeding for the finals will be the prelim time of those teams from the prelims OR the entry time of those teams who did not swim prelims. Any athletes disqualified from a prelim relay are not eligible for that event in finals. For scoring purposes every relay in the final heats at night is eligible to win.
Prelim relays will be deck seeded upon receipt of completed relay cards before the conclusion of the warm-up period of that session. If no relay cards have been turned in to the meet manager at this time, there will be no preliminary heats of relays that day.
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF EVENTS
Each person can score a maximum of 6 individual events for the meet and an unlimited number of relays.
In addition to the 6 scoring events, exhibition swims are allowed in prelims only. Exhibitions swims should be designated with an asterisk next to the entry time on your HY-TEK entries/entry forms.
Any swimmer who wishes to scratch an entered prelim or a finals swim should as a courtesy to the officials and other swimmers inform the meet referee in a timely manner that they will not compete in that particular event with no penalty.
POOL AND DIVE WELL HOURS
Wednesday, Nov. 14: 4 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 15: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 16: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 17: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
All female individual events will be pre-seeded and have 4 championship seeded heats (Exception: 1650). All male individual events will be pre-seeded and have 4 championship seeded heats (Exception: 1650).
Scoring for individual events will be:
Relays will count double, scoring to 16 places
OBSERVATION/ TIME REPORTING
This meet is being observed by USA Swimming Officials. Please make sure that your submitted rosters have the correct USAS-ID or the times will not be recognized for USAS purposes. (This does not necessarily apply to NCAA submissions)
POOL DECK RESTRICTION
The pool deck is closed to all persons except athletes, coaches, marshals, officials, meet personnel, timers and ancillary team staff.
There will be space on deck for massage therapists. Please inform the Meet Director when sending in your entry if you are planning on bringing a masseuse.
Live meet results will be posted on UHCougars.com and emailed to all schools SIDs. Full results from the Invite and Time Trials will be sent to the NCAA times database and head coaches within 48 hours of the conclusion of the meet.
Live Results | Meet Mobile Smart Phone App
For the best rates and superior service contact: Mark the Hotel Guy. Mark Rosoff, Phone: 919-417-3494 E-Mail: email@example.com Web Page: thehotelguy.org
Mark will help you with your travel requirements wherever your team needs to go. Check him out!
- Team Buses - Monday through Friday the team buses can drop off and pick up on University Drive but they must then go to the Energy Research Park (5000 Gulf Freeway) to park. The driver can ride the UH shuttle back to the CRWC. The ERP shuttle runs until 11 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9 p.m. on Friday. A dedicated bus is on duty until 8 p.m. and after that the Campus Loop bus will take people to ERP on request until 11 p.m.. Buses may also park in lot 20A on Saturday. Buses that do not utilize the Energy Research Park location during the specified hours risk being blocked in by private vehicles.
- Team Vans - Team vans can park in East Garage and/or Energy Research Park.
- Officials - The meet officials can park in lots 4A, 20A, or 20C.
- Spectators - Monday through Thursday spectators may park in the East Garage or Welcome Center Garage. On Friday and Saturday only, spectator parking will be available in parking lots 20A and 20C. On Friday only, spectators using Lots 20A and 20C on Friday will need to drive to the Visitor Information Booth on University Drive to purchase a visitors permit.
Springboard events will allow 30 minute warm up between events.
Finals will be conducted during evening event schedule.
Morning scores do not carry over to evening finals.
Men's 1M: Preliminaries at 11 a.m.; six optional dives cut to eight for finals Finals at 5 p.m.
Women's 3M: Preliminaries approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of the men's 1M; six optional dives cut to eight for
Finals during evening session.
Women's 1M: Preliminaries at 11 a.m.; six optional dives cut to eight for finals
Finals at 5 p.m.
Men's 3M: Preliminaries approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of the women's 1M; six optional dives cut to eight for finals
Finals during evening session.
Platform: Men's and Women's Combined Finals event beginning at 12 p.m.
Men-six optional; Women-five optional (ONE LIST)
Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Guidelines:
- Participants and spectators are not allowed to use other areas of the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center complex during this event, without purchasing a pass at the Member Services Desk.
- Swimming is allowed only when the area is supervised.
- NO glass containers, tobacco, or alcoholic beverages are allowed within the natatorium area.
- Only participants, coaches, event administrators, and event volunteers allowed on the pool deck.
- Participants are not allowed to climb over the grandstand railings or pass any posted barriers.
- There will be no shaving within the CRWC Complex. We request that swimmers be informed of this policy. All shaving should be completed prior to arrival at the natatorium. Safety marshals will be monitoring the locker rooms and restrooms to enforce this policy.
- Do not hang on lane lines.
- Safety rules will be enforced during warm-ups before each event session and in the warm up area during the meet. The diving well is a competition area. Recreational swimming is prohibited.
- Please be neat. Throw your trash in the trash containers.
- The Campus Recreation and Wellness Center staff has the final authority on all safety matters and reserves the right to remove anyone for behavior that is deemed unsafe or inappropriate. Blocking or restricting fire lanes or emergency exits, and the use of emergency exits for non-emergencies is prohibited.
- Team banners must not exceed 5'x8' and will be hung by event staff.
- No handmade signs are allowed in the facility