Phill Hansel Invitational
Hosted by The University of Houston
Nov. 15 - 17, 2012
Eight lane, 25-yard indoor pool with non-turbulent lane lines and separated diving well and warm up/ swim down areas.
Meet Director: Linda Brenneke | email@example.com | 281- 589-8913
Sports Information Contact: Michael McGrory, firstname.lastname@example.org | 713-504-1748
Sports Medicine Contact: Corey Newton | email@example.com | 903-654-7905
Augie Busch | Head Coach, Women's Swimming | firstname.lastname@example.org | 713- 743-9373 | 832-776-0732
Clifton Robbins Assistant Coach, Women's Swimming | email@example.com | 214-394-4049 | 713-743-9398
Jane Figueiredo | Head Coach, Diving | firstname.lastname@example.org | 713- 743- 9372 | 713-859-3868
|1/2: 200 Free Relay||13/14: 200 Medley Relay||29/30: 1650 Freestyle|
|3/4: 500 Freestyle||15/16: 400 IM||31/32: 200 Backstroke|
|5/6: 200 IM||17/18: 100 Butterfly||33/34: 100 Freestyle|
|7/8: 50 Freestyle||19/20: 200 Freestyle||35/36: 200 Breaststroke|
|9/10: Diving||21/22: 100 Breaststroke||37/38: 200 Butterfly|
|11/12: 400 Medley Relay||23/24: 100 Backstroke||39/40: Platform Diving|
|25/26: Diving||41/42: 400 Freestyle Relay|
|27/28: 800 Freestyle Relay|
Diving Prelims: Men's 1m - 11 a.m.
Women's 3m - 30 minutes after the completion of Men's 1m
Diving Finals: Men's 1m Final - 5 p.m.
Women's 3m Final - during the first break of the evening swimming session
Swimming Finals - 6 p.m.
Diving Prelims: Women's 1m - 11 a.m.
Men's 3m - 30 minutes after the completion of Women's 1m
Diving Finals: Women's 1m Final - 5 p.m.
Men's 3m Final - during the first break of the evening swimming session
Swimming Finals- 6 p.m.
Diving Finals: Men's and Women's Combined Platform Final - 12 p.m.
Swimming Finals - 6 p.m. <
Houston - women
Tulane - women
Rice - women
Wyoming - both
Air Force - women
New Mexico State - women
LSU - both
Colorado State - women
SMU - both
Florida Gulf Coast - women
Fresno State - women
Arkansas - women
New Mexico - women
Idaho - women
Texas AM - both
Texas - both
Clemson - both
Nebraska - women
UCLA - women
Kansas - women
Make Checks Payable to: UH Women's Swimming & Diving
Prelim relays will be deck seeded upon receipt of completed relay cards before the conclusion of the warm-up period of that session. If no relay cards have been turned in to the meet manager at this time, there will be no preliminary heats of relays that day.
Thursday, Nov. 15: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 16: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 17: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Scoring for individual events will be:
Relays will count double, scoring to 16 places
Mark will help you with your travel requirements wherever your team needs to go. Check him out!
- Team Buses - Monday through Friday the team buses can drop off and pick up on University Drive but they must then go to the Energy Research Park (5000 Gulf Freeway) to park. The driver can ride the UH shuttle back to the CRWC. The ERP shuttle runs until 11 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9 p.m. on Friday. A dedicated bus is on duty until 8 p.m. and after that the Campus Loop bus will take people to ERP on request until 11 p.m.. Buses may also park in lot 20A on Saturday. Buses that do not utilize the Energy Research Park location during the specified hours risk being blocked in by private vehicles.
- Team Vans - Team vans can park in East Garage and/or Energy Research Park.
- Officials - The meet officials can park in lots 4A, 20A, or 20C.
- Spectators - Monday through Thursday spectators may park in the East Garage or Welcome Center Garage. On Friday and Saturday only, spectator parking will be available in parking lots 20A and 20C. On Friday only, spectators using Lots 20A and 20C on Friday will need to drive to the Visitor Information Booth on University Drive to purchase a visitors permit.
Finals will be conducted during evening event schedule.
Morning scores do not carry over to evening finals.
Men's 1M: Preliminaries at 11 a.m.; six optional dives cut to eight for finals Finals at 5 p.m.
Women's 3M: Preliminaries approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of the men's 1M; six optional dives cut to eight for Finals during evening session.
Women's 1M: Preliminaries at 11 a.m.; six optional dives cut to eight for finals Finals at 5 p.m.
Men's 3M: Preliminaries approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of the women's 1M; six optional dives cut to eight for finals Finals during evening session.
Platform: Men's and Women's Combined Finals event beginning at 12 p.m. Men-six optional; Women-five optional (ONE LIST)
Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Guidelines:
- Participants and spectators are not allowed to use other areas of the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center complex during this event, without purchasing a pass at the Member Services Desk.
- Swimming is allowed only when the area is supervised.
- NO glass containers, tobacco, or alcoholic beverages are allowed within the natatorium area.
- Only participants, coaches, event administrators, and event volunteers allowed on the pool deck.
- Participants are not allowed to climb over the grandstand railings or pass any posted barriers.
- There will be no shaving within the CRWC Complex. We request that swimmers be informed of this policy. All shaving should be completed prior to arrival at the natatorium. Safety marshals will be monitoring the locker rooms and restrooms to enforce this policy.
- Do not hang on lane lines.
- Safety rules will be enforced during warm-ups before each event session and in the warm up area during the meet. The diving well is a competition area. Recreational swimming is prohibited.
- Please be neat. Throw your trash in the trash containers.
- The Campus Recreation and Wellness Center staff has the final authority on all safety matters and reserves the right to remove anyone for behavior that is deemed unsafe or inappropriate. Blocking or restricting fire lanes or emergency exits, and the use of emergency exits for non-emergencies is prohibited.
- Team banners must not exceed 5'x8' and will be hung by event staff.
- No handmade signs are allowed in the facility