The sole Houston win was at the number-five singles where junior Joanne Keen knocked off Tech's Laura Ozolins, 4-6, 6-4, 6-0. Houston fell in straight sets in four of the remaining five singles matches, with number-one seed, junior Sarah Borwell, extending Tech's Debbie Reynolds to three before falling, 6-4, 4-6, 6-4.
The Cougars did grab a doubles match, as the tandem of freshman Sarah Flood and sophomore Karine Urban downed the Yellow Jacket duo of Mason Miller and Ozolins, 9-7. Georgia Tech won the doubles point, taking both the number-one (9-7) and the number-three (8-2) matches.
Houston returns to action this Saturday, March 17, when they take on the University of Clemson in South Carolina. The Cougars return home on March 22, when they play host to the University of Kansas at 2 p.m. at the UH Varsity Courts.
Georgia Tech 6, Houston 1
1. Debbie Reynolds (GT) def. Sarah Borwell (UH), 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
2. Mysti Morris (GT) def. Kailey Meisinger (UH), 6-1, 6-2
3. Bobbie Guthrie (GT) def. Jen Baccarani (UH), 6-1, retired
4. Mason Miller (GT) def. Sarah Flood (UH), 6-3, 6-3
5. Joanne Keen (UH) def. Laura Ozolins (GT), 4-6, 6-4, 6-0
6. Fallon Koon (GT) def. Anne Rapp (UH), 6-2, 6-2
1. Morris/Guthrie (GT) def. Borwell/Rapp (UH), 9-7
2. Flood/Karine Urban (UH) def. M. Miller/Ozolins (GT), 9-7
3. Koon/Roberson (GT) def. Meisinger/Baccarani (UH), 8-2