Jan. 14, 2013
HOUSTON -- University of Houston Volleyball head coach Kaddie Platt has announced that Lakeville, Minnesota native Jazzmyn Tingelhoff has joined the Houston Volleyball program this Spring.
"We are excited to add Jazzmyn to the Houston family," Platt said. "She has high-level training and playing experience with Lakeville South HS and Mizuno Northern Lights Volleyball Club. Jazzmyn is smart setter and understands the complexity of running the offense and breaking down an opponent's defense. She is a competitive, committed, hardworking and coachable player."
Tingelhoff will join Houston Volleyball this spring after graduating high school a semester early.
"We are thrilled for the opportunity to train Jazz during spring training," said Platt. "Having her learn our system early will help develop team chemistry and learn our team culture."
Lakeville, Minnesota | Lakeville South High School | Setter | 5-9
· Four-year letterwinner for the Cougars at Lakeville South HS
· Holds the single season and career assist record
· Was a three-time All-Conference honoree
· Named Player of the Week
· Helped 2012 team to a 17-11 record under head coach Steve Willingham
· Led 2011 team to a Conference Championship and a Section Runner-Up
· Helped 2009 and 2010 teams to a combined overall record of 35-19 under head coach Jen Nelson
· Was a member of Cougars Leading Cougars Leadership Team
· Volunteered at the Minnesota Community Hospice
Tingelhoff is the daughter of Patrick and Krishna Tingelhoff and has three siblings, Jade, Josie and Jaelyn.
Follow Houston Volleyball on Twitter @UHCougarVB and "Like" /HoustonCougarVolleyball on Facebook.