Nov. 19, 2012
HOUSTON — The University of Houston Volleyball program has inked its first 2013 Cougar as Colleyville, Texas native Sarita Mikals signed a National Letter of Intent to join the Houston family during the NCAA Early Signing Period.
“Sarita is a six rotation player who is a creative scorer,” head coach Kaddie Platt said. “She will be used on both pins giving us some flexibility in our offense. We are excited about her commitment to the Houston Family!”
Colleyville, Texas | Colleyville Heritage HS | Outside Hitter | 6-0
· Two-year letterwinner for the Colleyville Heritage Panthers
· Helped team to a 46-2 record during senior season (2012)
· Led team to a District Championship title and second place finish in the Regional Quarterfinals
· Helped team to a 33-2 record during junior season (2011)
· Led team to a District Championship title
· Named District Hitter of the Year (2012)
· Earned First Team All-District (2012)
· Honored on the Second Team All-District Team (2011)
· Played for head coach Jamie Deturck in high school
· Member of the National Honor Society, Ambassador Program
· Named to the A/B Honor Roll
Mikals is the daughter of Dan and Lisa and has two siblings, brother Daniel and sister Alannah.
Follow Houston Volleyball on Twitter @UHCougarVB and “Like” /HoustonCougarVolleyball on Facebook.